Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1NeedHelp1
    • Feb 2008

Increasing video quality

Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong section, im new here.

Okay, my question is how do i increase the quality of my current video? Do i use a program or something?

Thanks guys!
  • olyteddy
    • Nov 2006

Basically you can't. If the video quality isn't there to begin with, there's little you can do to fix it. You're probably better off using the brightness, contrast and color controls on your TV to fix the video.

Comment

• videomaker
      • Feb 2008

Video that is already captured to harder to enhance. There are programs out there, But I would recommend getting a high quality camcorder then you never have to worry about it.

Comment

• Romanov
        All is virtual
        • Feb 2008

I not even know programs which this can...

Comment

• ed klein
          Banned
          • Mar 2004

Looking forward, when you start another NEW VIDEO, build the video with NO COMPRESSION or highest bitrate possible.

On existing video's if you have the origional source re-encode the video with no compression, basically rip and burn with no encoding/compression.

If your talking about an existing standard DVD-5/DVD-9 get an upscale DVD player with an HDMI connection to a HDTV that can output 1080P. You can go from standard defination to the tricked high defination.
          Last edited by ed klein; 2 Mar 2008, 01:25 AM.

Comment

• jiffy
            • Mar 2008

Topaz Enhance

In my experience it's nigh impossible for you to truly increase the quality of video after the fact. But if you have After Effects, you can try this plug-in... surprisingly it works quite well, considering. From their site:

"Topaz Enhance
            Powerful After Effects plug-in suite used for high-end video enhancement. Includes powerful upconversion, resolution improvement, and a host of other useful video enhancement features such as intelligent sharpening, noise/grain reduction, high-quality deinterlacing. Complete solution for video quality improvement and enhancement."

Pretty expensive, but you can just use their 30-day trial to do whatever you need to do with your current video. It's not for beginners, though. Their site's at www.topazlabs.com.. good luck

Comment

• Fox12
              • Jun 2008

Well, you could also try Red Giant's Magic Bullet Instant HD:
              Get access to all our filmmaking and motion graphics tools with Red Giant Subscription. Get started with Trapcode, Magic Bullet, VFX, Universe and Pluraleyes.

or their competitor:
              Resize video to HD or 4K with Video Enhancer - a tool implementing motion-based super-resolution method for upsizing video. Use 200+ filters for video processing: denoising, deblocking, subtitler, color correction etc.

Comparison of different video uprezzing methods is available here:
              Objective comparison of different video upsizing methods including super-resolution implementations.

Comment

Working...