X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Paramount Cancels Majority of HD DVD Slate

Ending weeks of speculation, Paramount says 'Into the Wild' and 'Things We Lost in the Fire' will be its last two HD DVD releases.

-- snip --

Paramount (and its subsidiary DreamWorks) had nearly a half-dozen HD DVD titles scheduled for release through early Spring. Here is a complete list of the studio's previously-announced titles that have now been cancelled:

March 25: 'The Jack Ryan Collection,' 'The Kite Runner'
    April 1: 'Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street'
    April 15: 'There Will Be Blood '

That's a shame. When's the fire sale starting though? (although technically, it already has started in some stores here unofficially, Transformers and Shrek the Third for $9)
    Last edited by admin; 29 Feb 2008, 01:52 PM.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Oh, forgot to add that as part of that article, Paramount says their first Blu-ray release will be in the (US) summer. So basically no high def titles from Paramount from very soon until June at the earliest.

Dreamworks might still go ahead with their releases, including Bee Movie, on HD DVD.

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

The latest news is that Dreamworks has followed suit, and 4th March is the cut off date for new HD DVD releases from Paramount/Dreamworks (so no Bee Movie). Cue fire sale in 3, 2, 1 ...

Comment

Working...