X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Pachter Predicts: PS3 Beat 360 in April

Welcome to the latest edition of Pachter Predicts, where Wedbush Morgan analyst and my sworn adversary Michael Pachter makes his predictions for the past month’s console sales here in the United States. For the second straight month, Pachter has predicted that the PlayStation 3 outsold the Xbox 360. (Although last month his prediction turned out wrong, as the 360 had a 5,000 unit edge over the PS3.)

As mentioned above, Pachter was wrong last month in regards to the PS3 numbers, so I wouldn't put too much money on his predictions being correct this time round. He is correct in that the Wii will do well, but I don't think it will be as good as last month due to the GTA IV effect. Pachter is also predicting there would be no GTA IV related boost for the PS3/360, which may be true as GTA IV was only on sale for the last two days of April.

The official sales figures from NPD should be out in a few days.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Pachter was wrong again. In fact, all the analysts were wrong in regards to the 360/PS3 performance for April, which was quite poor actually.

As expected, the 360 version of GTA IV outsold the PS3 version by 1.85:1 in the US - not quite the 2:1 some have claimed, but close.

Of course, April's stats only included a few days of GTA IV related sales, so May may be more indicative ...

Full analysis of the results here:

Last edited by admin; 16 May 2008, 05:12 PM.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎