X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

PS3 2.40 firmware details leaked

Last week we told you about the recent firmware upgrade the PS3 was getting and touched on the arrival of milestone version 2.40. While Sony has confirmed the inclusion of an in-game XMB (cross media bar), the rest of the 2.40 update was a bit cloudy.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

The release of PlayStation 3 firmware 2.40 last night seems to have caused a wide number of issues for those who updated to the new release, as we reported earlier. It now appears that Sony has since pulled the newest update, reverting back to firmware 2.36 as the most recent available version. We were just prompted to download version 2.36 after having skipped the most recent pair of PS3 software updates.
    While it seems like every time the PlayStation 3 undergoes a firmware upgrade is plagued by people trying to blame broken systems on the update, last night's 2.40 update seems to have caused genuine issues with many posters over at the official PlayStation forums. Owners of PS3s in all shapes and sizes have been…
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• copyless
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Apr 2006

It is going to be interesting to see what the new update does to fix this problem, since a lot of the problems seem to be with systems that have third party devices, such as controllers, keyboards, etc.

It appears that Sony changed certain parameters in the bluetooth pairing, that before did not care what the code was for that section, now care. I am waiting to find out if Sony fixes this problem or leaves it in, showing that they truly are trying to disable third party devices.

At this time I am hoping it was just a simple mistake implemented by just testing with their controllers, and never having tested the update with third party devices, but as in the past with them, you never know.

Comment

• BR7
        He is coming to your little town!
        • Aug 2005

PS3 firmware 2.41 out "midweek", says Sony

According to customer support, firmware version 2.41, which should be clear of all errors, will out "midweek", although Sony is yet to make an official announcement to confirm that.
        Link

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

Working...