X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Google must give YouTube user details to Viacom

Google need not reveal its search code to Viacom, but its YouTube subsidiary must disclose a database listing who watched what video, when, and from where, a New York judge ordered Tuesday.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

This copyright thing is just insane IMO.

Shogakukan Productions (known as VIZ Video outside of Japan) removed my upload of the Pokémon Theme Song among others. Surely a theme song is actually good advertising for them? I can see them going after the people who upload entire episodes and movies... but a one minute clip is more like advertising for them.

The same goes for Viacom... Where do they draw the line for "fair use"? I'd figure using short clips of a copyrighted show in an anime music video (or similar) would be acceptable... but yet those two companies go around yanking videos all day long. Those people need to get a life and stop complaining.

And on that note, VIZ is so obcessed with their copyrights that they're actually CHANGING the credits and opening bumpers for Pokémon... In a recent repacking of the second season, literally the ONLY thing they changed was to remove 4KIDS' name from the "start of disc" bumper, and replace it with their own name. Come on, guys. That's low. It's almost as if they're trying to remove all names from the credits but their own. (And I remember how the original (now out of print) releases of the first season were made by Pioneer, with VIZ listed additionally. Where just a few short years later, they removed Pioneer and 4KIDS' name entirely and stuck their own name in huge shining letters on top.)
    Last edited by drfsupercenter; 4 Jul 2008, 01:07 PM.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
      This copyright thing is just insane IMO.
      Sums up everything about the current copyright control climate in one sentence!
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎