X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Nintendo faces ban on selling Wii controllers

Nintendo is facing a ban on selling controllers for the Wii after failing to overturn a $21 million patent-infringement verdict.
    GamesRadar+ takes you closer to the games, movies and TV you love.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

How do Nintendo's controllers infringe copyright?

The Classic Controller is basically a SNES controller with the two analog sticks (much like a PS* controller), and I use that for any game that allows it... since it functions far better than the GameCube controller and I hate using the nunchuk.

And if I recall correctly... Nintendo came out with the Super NES, and Sony took the design for their PS1 controller. They then added the analog sticks and tried to patent it themselves. Now someone's suing Nintendo for stealing patents? That's Sony for you... taking stuff from other people and claiming credit for it.

So I guess I'll stock up on Classic Controllers while I can... Why the WaveBird but not the wired GameCube controller? And as far as I know, nobody sells GameCubes anymore... except the refurbished/used ones.

--EDIT--

OK, so I guess Anascape is the one suing Nintendo, not Sony. Same difference, though... Nintendo let Sony use the SNES controller design for PS1, and look where it ended up. The Classic Controller looks a lot like a PS2 controller. (And for that matter, so does just about everything else - I have a Logitech Dual Action USB controller for the computer that has the same button setup) So why Nintendo and not Sony, Logitech, NyKo, MadKatz, or the other companies selling PS2-clone controllers? The only difference I saw between the PS2 and the Classic Controller is that instead of the two left and right triggers, there's a single L and R, and then a Z button next to each. Otherwise, they're exactly the same button layout.
    Last edited by drfsupercenter; 23 Jul 2008, 11:45 PM.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡