X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Red Alert 3 to use "more lenient" DRM

The game will only need to be authenticated online once after installation, according to a developer post on the official forums, and can be reinstalled up to five times. EA support can be contacted if further installations are needed. Red Alert 3 will also run without a CD.

Still pretty draconian. The thing is, the actual pirated version will probably have the DRM removed, while the authentic purchased version is the one that causes all the frustration.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Yeah, there are always pirated versions that remove the DRM... and I think the developers need to learn that all they're doing by DRM'ing their games is encouraging more people to pirate it.

Oddly enough, I own Warcraft 3: Battle Chest (back when it just had both games on their original discs), and when you install it it asks for a CD every time. But yet, there's a "cracked" exe that makes the game run without a CD... so everything is installed automatically when you install it from the original CD. Why it needs the CD is beyond me... maybe it was to discourage people from renting the game, installing it, and returning.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡