X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

New PS3 low in Japan - How next-gen is failing in home of gaming

Another week goes by, and Sony sees the PS3, supposedly its flagship console, dropping even lower in terms of sales in Japan. While the Xbox 360 is doing surprisingly well in the country, both true next-gen consoles are massively behind lesser machines such as the Wii, the DS, and the PSP. So why is the spiritual home of gaming seemingly rejecting next-gen gaming?

I think perhaps Blu-ray, being very popular in Japan, is what might be causing PS3 sales to fall. That may sound strange, but with new and better standalone Blu-ray players and recorders now available there, the PS3 is starting to look less and less favourable as the dedicated Blu-ray player of choice. A lot of PS3 owners, including myself, are Blu-ray only users who rarely if ever use the PS3 for games.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • locoeng
    Who Farted?
    • Dec 2005

That makes perfect sense to me....that and there are a lot of anti-Sony camps that have a problem with Sony's so called anti-consumer business practices. Who knows how far around the globe the conspiracists gripes have reached.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
    Walt Kelly

Comment

Working...