Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobertQQ
    • Nov 2008

Unreadable dvd disks

Hi all!! I am using dvd flick or attempting to use in order to convert an avi file into dvd.....but for some reason every disk I create is not only not readable by my dvd player but it is also not readable by my computer. I think i have read just about every how to guide from google on dvd flick but have not figured out what i am doing wrong. Can someone help me please!!! Thanks!!!

RobertQQ
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by RobertQQ
    dvd flick or attempting to use in order to convert an avi file into dvd..... RobertQQ
    Hi Robert,

That is odd ... but let's make sure you have the DVD Flick configured correctly ... do these ...

1) Download the leatest DVD Flick 1.3.0.4 version
    http://www.dvdflick.net/download.php

2) Then open the DVD Flick > (means go to) Prject Settings

Under General Tab: DVD (4.3GB) for Custom leave as is or change to 4464 (my preferred level ... leaves m,e a little more room on the outer part of the DVD balnk).

Under Video: Make sure choose NTSC (I assume you are in NTSC world and not PAL area). Encoding Profile: YOU DECIDE (I have set mine on Normal). Target bitrate: Auto-fit.

Under Audio: leave as is.

Under Playback: Uncheck teh Loop tick. If you are doing only 1 AVI then Choose "Stop Playing" in drop down menu. If more than 1 AVI then choose "Play teh Next Title".

Under Burning: I don't choose anything becuase I choose to make my own ISO after I check the DVD Playback with like WinDVD on my laptop.
    HOWEVER, for you I would SUGGEST that you Check the Tick for "Create ISO Image" .... but do not choose to BURN The PROJECT.

Check your DVD movie qst befor eburning it ...

Your Output should be like this ...

VIDEO TITLE
    AUDIO_TS (an EMPTY folder)
    VIDEO_TS (where all of your DVD files are .IFO, .BUP, .VOBs.)

3) After you checked the playback of the Video file ... I usually go into the VIDEO_TS folder and CLICK on "VIDEO_TS.IFO" and the dvd will play with my Standard Default DVD Player (WinDVD in my case).

4) If happy with your result then Burn the ISO of the Movie using ImgBurn
    http://www.imgburn.com/ Better burning Program than anything else out there.

Do this and post back ... if you still have a problem post back with little more detail of your Source AVI and what are you using for Burning Program and so forth ... basically YOUR Step-by-step procedure so we can tell what is the deal!

G!

Comment

• RobertQQ
      • Nov 2008

Following your instructions worked!!!!! Thank You!!! It played on my DVD Player....the only thing tho', is the frames were a ittle choppy when i played it on the dvd player. Do you think thats from recording it to fast? Should I record it at a certain speed? Thanks again for your help!

RobertQQ

Comment

• gonwk
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by RobertQQ
        Following your instructions worked!!!!! Thank You!!! It played on my DVD Player....the only thing tho', is the frames were a ittle choppy when i played it on the dvd player. Do you think thats from recording it to fast? Should I record it at a certain speed? Thanks again for your help!

RobertQQ
        Hi Robert,

I am glad it worked. Rule of thumb for burning is always burn at Half the Speed of the Disc's Rated Speed. If the disc is 16X burn at 8X, if 8X then burn at 4X.

I myself NEVER, ever burn a DVD Faster than 8X and Never, ever burn a CD faster than 24X for music that I don't care ... 16X for music that I want to Archive, 8X for DATA (programs that I want to save ).

Also let me share with you that I have the BEST Burner a BenQ (they don't selll them anymore ) and always use Quality discs ... like Verbs ... but still I burn at 8X.

See if that helps if that still does not fix your chopping problem ... it might be something else!

Have a Great Thanksgiving!

G!

Comment

Working...