X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Obama picks RIAA's favorite lawyer for a top Justice post

As a presidential candidate, Barack Obama won applause from legal adversaries of the recording industry. Stanford law professor Larry Lessig, the doyen of the "free culture" movement, endorsed the Illinois senator, as did Google CEO Eric Schmidt and even the Pirate Party.

That was then. As president-elect, one of Obama's first tech-related decisions has been to select the Recording Industry Association of America's favorite lawyer to be the third in command at the Justice Department. And Obama's pick as deputy attorney general, the second most senior position, is the lawyer who oversaw the defense of the Copyright Term Extension Act--the same law that Lessig and his allies unsuccessfully sued to overturn.
    CNET is the world's leader in tech product reviews, news, prices, videos, forums, how-tos and more.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • doctorhardware
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2006

I wonder how much the RIAA paid Obama for the appointments. What a sell out.
    Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• katzdvd
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Feb 2006

I wonder how much the RIAA paid Obama for the appointments. What a sell out.
      Yeah, during the campaign I seem to recall hearing something about "change".

How can you tell a politician is lying? His lips are moving...

Comment

• dr_ml422
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2007

"You can not be a politician and make money w/out being corrupt." Theodore Roosevelt.

Time to pay back who really put him there? Then again he's going to need all the top lawyers in the planet to turn this economic crisis around. My friend made a joke the other day of how his 401K was about 101 now.
        SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• doctorhardware
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2006

Yes the only change is he will pocket more money. On a side bar IL Governor is impeached by the house.
          Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

Originally Posted by doctorhardware
            Yes the only change is he will pocket more money. On a side bar IL Governor is impeached by the house.
            More power to him. Glad he's a veteran of the system and how it works. Had great techer for 16 years? Clinton and W. Bush. How about Gore? Almost broke when he left the White House. After the Global Warming pitch he's close to billionaire? God Bless America...
            SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎