X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Sony says PS3 Intentionally Hard for Developers

"We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?" explained Hirai.
    The latest Gaming breaking news, comment, reviews and features from the experts at Gaming Coverage

Or you could just make it easy to program for and have tons of great games at launch and throughout the lifespan of the console, rather than trying to artificially extend the life by making things difficult.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

LOL. Yet another reason I hate Sony. Of course, I didn't mind buying a PS3 that much, as I think they still lose about $50 from that
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• doctorhardware
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2006

And that is why the PS3 does not have the good game titles.
      Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• BR7
        He is coming to your little town!
        • Aug 2005

They did the same thing with the PS2.It took developers awhile to get the most out of it. I do not know why Sony doesnt teach these guys how to get the most out of programing for it,rather them making them guess. The one title that looks best on the PS3 is Drakes fortune

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• doctorhardware
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2006

It sounds like the developers have to waste a lot of time to get the game to run and possibly look good?
          Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• admin
            Administrator
            • Nov 2001

That's really the Sony way of doing things though, and it assumes that better and better graphics is what people want and that it should ignore competitors who don't have to worry about the same problem. Better graphics in time is one thing, but games that do not play right compared to other console versions is the main problem at the moment.

Making it more difficult than it should be also gives advantage to the other consoles, where they sometimes will get timed exclusives not by choice of the publisher, but by necessity. Their strategy may have worked on the PS2, a console that didn't really have much direct competition, but I think they're hurting the PS3 on purpose.
            Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• drfsupercenter
              NOT an online superstore
              • Oct 2005

That's pretty much why I'm sticking to the Xbox 360 for gaming and the PS3 for Blu-Rays
              CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
              Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
              My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...