X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Amazon launches Game Downloads

Amazon are known and loved for selling DRM-free music on their website (Amazon.com -- you may have heard of it). Well now the web-based retailer is getting into the video game fray, selling PC games for digital download with the aptly dubbed "Game Downloads" service.

Some free downloadable games here (US residents only, I think)
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

I heard about that... I got an email from them this morning.

But isn't it gonna be similar to eGames where they're just these small flash-like games... not like retail CD-ROM games? (I know eGames makes CDs, but they're known for their online downloadable games)
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

I have one of the free games that they're offering (Build-a-lot), it's a standalone Windows game that runs in fullscreen, but it's a pretty small game, like shareware titles of days past (the kind of game you only have to pay maybe $9.95 for).

They won't be offering games like Fallout 3 through their download service ... yet
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• harkon
        • Feb 2009

i'm a gamer too

Originally Posted by admin
        I have one of the free games that they're offering (Build-a-lot), it's a standalone Windows game that runs in fullscreen, but it's a pretty small game, like shareware titles of days past (the kind of game you only have to pay maybe $9.95 for).

They won't be offering games like Fallout 3 through their download service ... yet
        I played Fallout 3 a month ago and i'm not impressed at all. It has only a good graphic and nothing else. try playing the best game titles like F.E.A.R. 2, COD4 and COD4 , Men of War and Warhammer.40.000.Dawn.of.War.II and you'll see what I'm talking about.
        For a good website offering some free games you may also want to visit this site .

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎