Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • liverpool55
    • Jan 2009

Conversion issues

Since no one responded to my last post i'll try it again.

Simply every Video conveter i use does not work.
    I have been told by moderators on CD freaks that it is " bad source material " or " try something out the box " . I kept posting to try and find the problem then one moderator basically told me to shut up and take the advice i had been given even though it was useless.
    Basically i can't convert an AVI to DVD with any program i have been using.
    The DVD will freeze / skip or the program i use will crash (I get the error ' AVS has stopped working and needs to close ' , as an example) .
    I use VISTA and i am aware that it has incompatibility issues with some programs , to solve this it is necessary to download several codec packs .

Why would i company sell a product that did not work without downloading something else ? You would think they would supply all necessary codecs with the download you were buying , right?

Here is a list of the programs i have used and the associated problems.

DVD FLICK > WON'T CRASH BUT 90 % OF CONVERSIONS HAVE ERRORS SUCH AS SKIPS / FREEZES / OUT OF SYNC VOLUME.

CUCUSOFT PRO AVI TO DVD > SIMPLY CRASHES WITH THE ERROR MESSAGE ' AVI TO MPEG HAS STOPPED WORKING '.
    (Cucusoft is a joke , even if it would work it is outdated and allmost useless).

AVS Video Converter > Crashed half way through conversion giving me the error message ' stopped working ' needs to close.
    I have successfully converted with this but it has crashed more than once.

FAVC > This program won't even open giving me a familiar error message ' FAV C has stopped working and needs to close '.

I have been at war with these issues for about 3 months now and would greatly appreciate any advice.

Ideally i want a converter just like AVS , i like the edit audio / video features and the menu features - most other converters don't have as advanced features as this - BUT FIRST THE PROGRAM NEEDS TO WORK !

i've just downloaded AV12DVD and gues what ?

When trying to load the AVI > Error message > INTERFACE NOT SUPPORTED

JOKE !!

Assuming that dvd problems are the result of the source AVI then what if anything can be done ?
    Is there any sort of program that will fix AVI's to stop errors appearing in The conversion process?
    Last edited by blutach; 15 Feb 2009, 11:01 AM. Reason: Merged 3 posts
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Hi Liverpool,

Try this ...

1) Download AviDemux 2.4.4 and install it
    Download AviDemux, a tool that allows you to edit and encode to AVI/MPEG/VCD/SVCD/DVD

2) Open AviDemux and choose

Under Video MPEG-4 ASP (lavc)
    Under Audio MP3 (LAME)
    Under Format AVI, unpack VOP

Now go to File and SAVE this Conversion with a NEW NAME.

3) Use DVD Flick (latest) to convert this New AVI to DVD ... BUT DO NOT Burn the DVD ... save the ISO and then ...

4) Download ImgBurn 2.4.2.0 and install it and use the ImgBurn to burn the ISO at a Speed No Faster than 8X (if your media is good)
    imgburn, imgburner, img burn, img burner, imageburn, imageburner, image burn, image burner, image write, image writer, iso burner, iso writer, cd burner, dvd burner, bin, cue, gcm, gi, img, iso, lst, nrg, mds, pdi, burn, burner, write, writer, image, drive, cuesheet, lightning uk, dvd decrypter, backup, cd, cdr, cdrw, dvd, dvdr, dvd-r, dvd-rw, dvd-r dl, dvd+r, dvd+rw, dvd+r dl, dvdram, hd dvd-r, hd dvd-rw, hd dvd-ram, bd-r, bd-re, dual layer, double layer, bluray, blu ray, blu-ray, hddvd, hd dvd, hd-dvd, burn audio, write audio, burn bin, write bin, burn cue, write cue, burn dvd, write dvd, burn iso, write iso, burn img, write img, write image, burn video_ts, write video_ts, burn bdmv, write bdmv, burn dvd video, write dvd video, burn bluray, write bluray, burn blu-ray, write blu-ray, layerbreak, layer break, VIDEO_TS, bup ifo vob

BTW, read this Guide also ...

Now if the above does not work then ...

Please tell me the following ...

Q1: What is your OS?

Q2: Where you ever able to convert any AVIs?

Q3: Do you know what Codecs do you have on your PC (Desktop or Laptop)?

Also, while you are at it download MediaInfo or GSpot and tell us ...

Q4: What Codec was used to make the AVI? I am used to GSpot and if you open the AVI in GSpot ... it will be on Top Right hand corner.

POST BACK your results.

Good Luck!

G!

Comment

• liverpool55
      • Jan 2009

SAVING THE FILE :
      I ' saved project as ' after concersion under a new name , this saved file is not an AVI , it is only 1.42 kb .
      Am i meant to save it any other way or does saving alter the original AVI so that the original AVI is then used in DVD Flick?

Ok , so i've selected the ' save video option ' , this is converting in avidemux and has 50 mins remaining - I guess this is the right option!

Unfortunately converting the AVI with Avidemux did not work , the resulting DVD from DVD flick still contains errors - the volume is still out of sync.
      Infact the volume is out of sync in the VIDEO_TS even when i play it on the computer with VLC media player, which means it is'nt a problem with the blank dvd's or the burner.
      Providing i used AVIdemuxer correctly (LOADED THE AVI THEN SAVED IT USING THE 'SAVE VIDEO OPTION ' PRODUCING A 1.2 GB FILE - THAT IS NOT AN AVI , I THEN LOADED THIS FILE INTO FLICK AND CONVERTED.) , then i can see AVI did not work.

I am on Microsoft windows Vista Home Premium.
      I have 2 gb Ram
      and a 250 GB hard drive

I could convert AVI's in the past but over the last few months i have had over a 90% faliure rate.

I have loaded the AVI file into GSpot and this is the information given in the top right hand corner:

Codec : XVID Name : XvID 1.0.1

(In thright hand colum MPG4 is highlighted)
      Last edited by blutach; 15 Feb 2009, 11:00 AM. Reason: Merged 3 posts

Comment

• gonwk
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2005

Hi Liverpool,

I have to be in out for family emergency ... so I am not usre if I can think about this too much ...

But if your Original file is "Out-of-Sync" ... then you have to fix that first ... but that is a pain in the neck (b**t) actually.

May be some of the Old Timers here can jump in and help out.

Hey Liverpool ... Find a GOOD AVI clip even if it is only 1MB and run it thru your conversion test and see if it takes it.

BTW, FAVC 1.07 64-bit does not work for me. So use DVD Flick.

Liverpool,

I know of 2 other options for you ...

- AVI2DVD 0.4.5
        - ConvertXtoDVD (there is a FREEWARE version of this out there)

If these don't work ... I am stumped.

G!

Comment

• liverpool55
          • Jan 2009

Ok , but thanks for your help.

Do you know why when converting a AVI file that plays perfectly well on the computers will convert into a error ridden piece of junk?

Assuming that it is a error ridden avi file, what if anything can be done to fix it?
          Last edited by blutach; 15 Feb 2009, 11:00 AM. Reason: Merged 2 posts

Comment

• blutach
            Not a god of digital video
            • Oct 2004

Hi liverpool55

Couple of things ...

1. If someone has not responded to you, can you try to edit your posts instead of making new posts every few minutes please? If you have something to add or change, just click on the Edit button in the post. Ta.

2. Although I certainly hold no candle for any of the mods at CDF (as I consider them to be a bunch of biased, rude a-holes), that may not make their advice bad. Where did the source material come from? If it is a commercial DVD, re-rip it. It is almost certainly in sync on the original DVD (although I have seen poorly muxed commercial DVDs, too). If it is home video, well, most home cameras also are in sync and don't choke on conversions. Is it just this one AVI? Or does your PC give problems with all of them?

Originally Posted by gonwk
            Hey Liverpool ... Find a GOOD AVI clip even if it is only 1MB and run it thru your conversion test and see if it takes it.
            This is a good idea. If things are still bad, then you may have malware.

Regards
            Last edited by blutach; 15 Feb 2009, 11:09 AM.
            Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
            [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• liverpool55
              • Jan 2009

Hi Blutach ,
              what do you mean when you say i may have mallware?
              I have been paranoid that i have been ' infected' ever since i started having conversion issues , is this what you mean by mallware ? i.e curruption?

Comment

• blutach
                Not a god of digital video
                • Oct 2004

Virus, spyware etc.

Check with Malwarebytes Anti Malware. Install, update and do a full scan.

Regards
                Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• liverpool55
                  • Jan 2009

When i installed AVI2DVD Mcafee told me that a potentially unwabted program was present - a generic pup called AVI splitter which is part of AVITODVD , is this a virus or is it legit?

I have Mcaffee total protection 2009 , it cost me £60 ...is this not good enough to get rid of mallware?

Over the past couple of days i have noticed a change in my font , it has changed from a 'bold' to a normal style.
                  This is the only way i can describe the change , it is the same in windows applications and on my desktop , i certainly have not authorised any change and i doubt you could do so anyway . Why has my font changed?
                  Last edited by liverpool55; 16 Feb 2009, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• gonwk
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Dec 2005

For now forget about Conversions and stuff.

McAfee total protection 2009 actually has gotten a lot of Good Reviews ... so it is a great program. BUT, no one pogram is "Bullet-Proof" ... otherwise all the Hackers and Cyber Crime folks would be out of business.

So, my suggestion would be Do what Blutach suggested to you.

1) Download the latest Malwarebytes Anti Malware and run a FULL scan.

2) Then run another full scan with your McAfee.

If you get a clean bill of health ... then we can talk Conversions with a little peace of mind!

BTW, where did you download the AVI2DVD program from? Get it from here ... http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avi2dvd.html

Some of the Freewares to keep their cost down do have "Adware" /i am not sure if this is one of them.

G!

Comment

• gpdvd
                      • Nov 2005

I recommend winavi (frequent spammer of this forum) for the conversion mainly because it does NOT compress the file when creating the DVD, plus gives a neat menu for your disc. I have noticed others such as ConvertXtoDVD do some strange things in the conversion. They are also a lot slower than winavi (frequent spammer of this forum). Example: convert a 1 gig avi file in ConvertX and you end up with around 3 Gig of data on the disc, with winavi (frequent spammer of this forum) however the file size remains the same (as long as the original is withing the disc capacity). I also like the fact the resolution of the avi/dvd converted files look identical using my non-technical eyes

gpdvd

Any recommendations for software to convert transport stream (.ts) files to avi? I would like if possible a program that is self contained and will do the entire conversion itself rather than having a half dozen programs handling various functions. Any recommendation even commercial would be appreciated. I'm aware VLC can play them but prefer avi files as most modern dvd players can handle them.

gpdvd
                      Last edited by blutach; 18 Feb 2009, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎