X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

MPAA Study Calls For Piracy Patriot Act

A new study commissioned by the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) and produced by RAND links the film piracy trade to terrorism, drug cartels, and human trafficking, and calls upon governments to do more about intellectual property protection. But what it really is is another attempt to convince governments to spy on everybody on behalf of one mafia trying to muscle out other mafias.

For the most part, the study is fairly typical fear mongering, the kind used to justify calls for ISPs to police traffic on their networks on behalf of the government and entertainment companies.
    Breaking business news covering marketing, I.T., ecommerce & emerging trends like electric vehicles, solar energy, financial tech & space.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • doctorhardware
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2006

What a frickin joke, do they think we are that stupid. They want it to be a communist type of government.
    Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

Yeah, and right after the stats came out that the movie industry is up by 17.5%

Oh, that makes perfect sense to me. Because all the pirates I know also sell crack and sell slaves by moonlight.
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

• chrisjkirk
        • Feb 2009

Semantics I suppose.

Originally Posted by doctorhardware
        What a frickin joke, do they think we are that stupid. They want it to be a communist type of government.
        I think you mean totalitarian type of government. If it was a communist type of government the MPAA wouldn't own film rights or make profits the state would.

Comment

• dr_ml422
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2007

At least torture is condemned by the Obama administration. On paper anyway. May I ask who is going to pay to monitor us? Don't tell me? Us. They'll higher the isp costs to make way for a anti-piracy commission. Sounds like the steroids hearings by Congress, and then all who have been caught are playing on the same team, but can't be seen w/a so called person of interest involving steroids.

God knew better than to put me in some high position. Who said crime don't pay?
          SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

Working...