X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Piracy Has Become Mainstream, Studies Show

While the entertainment industries push for harsher copyright laws, public opinion steers in the opposite direction. Two recent studies from Canada and Spain found that half of the Internet users use p2p networks to download music, software and films. Less than 5% of the respondents believe that people who download copyrighted content are engaging in criminal behavior.
    While the entertainment industries push for harsher copyright laws, public opinion steers in the opposite direction. Two recent studies from Canada and Spain found that half of the Internet users use p2p networks to download music, software and films. Less than 5% of the respondents believe that people who download copyrighted content are engaging in criminal behavior.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • ed klein
    Banned
    • Mar 2004

When there is nothing but corruption and greed in the MPAA and RIAA then it is time for the good guy pirates to take over.

Three cheers for the pirates to take over. The governments in Canada and Spain should be having the MPAA and RIAA walking the plank into the ocean.

Last edited by ed klein; 15 Mar 2009, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

Really, only 50%? I figured it would be higher

I mean, when I say "everybody does it", I actually mean it. Kinda like the people who do drugs, only piracy has no real bodily harm.

But then, I suppose the RIAA/MPAA will always have different views than the average consumer, because they're just blood-thirsty money hogs who will stop at nothing to get more ca$h, and they know they can sue people for piracy. But really, downloading a song or two isn't stealing from anybody - all the record shops still have their original CDs, the artist still has their master tape, what was stolen?
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...