X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Comcast, Others Deny 'Three Strikes' Piracy Plan

Comcast, Cox, and AT&T this week denied that they are participating in a "three strikes and you're out" anti-copyright program.

"We have no plans to test or implement a so-called 'three strikes and you're out' policy," Joe Waz, vice president for external affairs and public policy counsel at Comcast, wrote in a Thursday blog post.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • doctorhardware
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2006

All lies the RIAA has all of them in thier back pocket.
    Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• katzdvd
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Feb 2006

What is meant by "three strikes and you're out" ? I briefed thru the article quickly, but don't really understand what they mean. Do they mean that after the 3rd time you do illegal downloading, that they cancel your service?

If so, yeah right...like they want to lose customers over that. I would be more inclined to believe that they cripple your connection/limit bandwidth/etc. Comcast does that in my area, it is a horrible situation we are dealing with right now.

When you call tech support, ever notice how the ISP says "everything looks good on our end, it must be your pc"...

Of course they deny doing it. Funny thing though - after you call & complain, it mysteriously clears up for awhile.

Comment

• doctorhardware
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2006

With Comcast that was always there answer, I heard it many times. Then to find the wireless gateway had a problem accessing the DNS servers at Comcast. I had so many tech here that had no clue. I set up my laptop to use the open DNS servers and wallah I could download Microsoft updates and turning off the open DNS no updates. So I dumped Comcast and have DSL now. My take on it is you loose your account. I could be wrong though.
        Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎