X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Netflix to hike up monthly Blu-ray fee by up to $8

On Monday, Netflix announced that the privilege to rent Blu-ray titles would be going up in price, beginning April 26. Citing the significant increase in the number of titles releasing on Blu-ray and the high cost of the discs over traditional DVDs, that comes out to a raise of anywhere from $1 to an additional $8 over what users were previously paying, for a total of $9 a month extra for its heavy renters.
    CNET is the world's leader in tech product reviews, news, prices, videos, forums, how-tos and more.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • PurpleDemon
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Mar 2006

Sounds fair.

I have the 3 at time plan for $16.99. I don't own Blu-Ray equipment, so I don't have to pay for the more expensive ones.

That works for me.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

I have Blockbuster Total Access, and pay $0 extra for both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray addons.

Hah, Netflix can have its $8, I've stayed far away from them for a while anyway.
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

• ed klein
        Banned
        • Mar 2004

I have Blockbusters rewards and the standard definition and Blu-ray are the same price.

By the way, Blu-ray is coming to RED BOX and they claim no additional charges for Blu-ray disks. $1.00 plus tax for each 24 hour period. They said no time frame for the forthcoming Blu-ray, but a member in another forum said the Wal-Mart RED BOX in his location already sells Blu-ray disks.

Blu-ray costs no more to produce than standard defination disks, its Sony is what brings up the price.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎