X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Wolverine tops box office not despite of, but because of the leaked copy

So despite having the second biggest opening in the X-Men series, and the biggest for a non-memorial day release in the franchise, the industry seriously believes that the leaked copy that hit P2P networks one month ago could have cost the movie $20 million? What absolute rubbish.
    X-Men Origins: Wolverine took $87 million for its opening weekend (from Friday), taking it straight to the number one movie at the box office. Wolverine had the second-best opening of the four X-Men released so far, being beaten only by X-Men:The Last Stand which took $103 million on its opening weekend. Last Stand though had […]
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

I, for one, saw it in theaters last night.

So they can't complain about me not giving them money for it. It was a pretty good movie, too. But I agree - I was personally hoping the movie would do well (Which it did), as that way FOX would be forced to accept the fact that piracy does not, and will likely never, hurt the movie industry.
    Of course, they'll likely spin the story and say something like "Oh well we were expecting $100 million in the opening weekend, and look what happened"
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• PurpleDemon
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Mar 2006

Funny,

I know a few people that saw it last month (The leaked copy)

All I seemed to hear is they could not wait to see it on the big screen. It was almost like a long trailer for them.

Although they said the leaked copy was close, there was more in the actual release that was worth seeing.

Comment

• dr_ml422
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2007

I think this might be 1 case where the squeaky wheel doesn't get the oil. I mean they keep crying and raising the ticket prices and people still go. I still go and it's up to $13.00 here in Apple. Gotta have a social life w/some rec time. There's nothing like the big screen. I was going to hit it Friday, but a cold hit me instead.

90 degrees 1 day and about 50 or so the next. Now we're drowning a lil.
        SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
          NOT an online superstore
          • Oct 2005

Thankfully, the Entertainment Book has a coupon that lets you get any movie ticket at AMC Theaters for only $7.50.

You might wanna check that out.

But yeah - I know that leaked copy has some funny and unfinished effects... and I think for most people it would just make them want to see it even more.

And a ton of people said it wasn't a very good movie, but yet look at how much money it made. FOX wouldn't have made any more, even if it was never leaked.
          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
          Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
          My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...