X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Studios Urge ISP to Admit Piracy, Stop Wasting Court's Time

Several studios are currently engaged in legal action against Australian ISP iiNet. They accuse iiNet of failing to take steps to stop its subscribers from sharing files by disconnecting them from the Internet. Now anti-piracy group AFACT says iiNet should just admit its customers are pirates, and stop wasting the court’s time.
    Several studios are currently engaged in legal action against Australian ISP iiNet. They accuse iiNet of failing to take steps to stop its subscribers from sharing files by disconnecting them from the Internet. Now anti-piracy group AFACT says iiNet should just admit its customers are pirates, and stop wasting the court's time.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • doctorhardware
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2006

It is not the ISP job to see who is DL copy righted material. If AFACT wants it done pay for the extra expenses for iinet to comply with their demands. I bet that will not want to pay at all.
    Last edited by doctorhardware; 20 May 2009, 09:08 AM.
    Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

That's dumb, though... you can be accused of piracy just by downloading a lot - even if it is legal.

I mean, I like what my ISP does, they give you a warning, then another warning, and then finally they will terminate your service if they still think you're a pirate. And if you're not, you can just call them and explain it... my friend got a warning from the ISP and said he hasn't gotten one since.
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...