X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Sony Admits PS3 Firmware 3.00 Not To Everyone's Tastes, Looking Into Fixes

The 3.00 PS3 firmware, last mentioned here, is not proving to be as popular as the PS3 Slim, for which the firmware update was primarily designed for.

Amongst the complains is the friend's list, which even Sony has admitted that hardly anybody actually liked the changes. PS3's European brand manager had this to say in a Q&A post regarding the 3.00 firmware:

As I said before the updates to firmware don't always suit everyones tastes, but on the flip side there are those that really like the changes – except maybe the friends list (which we are looking into based on your comments by the way).
    The above comment suggest that version 3.01 may be coming sooner than you think.

More:

PlayStation 3 firmware 3.0 brought with it many changes, some of them good and some of them being the Friends List update. Rarely can people universally agree on something, but it appears that everyone hates those Friends List changes.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

As predicted, firmware 3.01 is now available. No new features are mentioned, so it is a bug fix release.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...