X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Slumdog Millionaire Director: Fight Movie Piracy By Cutting Movie Prices

The director of hits like 28 Days Later, and the Oscar winner Slumdog Millionaire, Danny Boyle, has expressed the view that the best way to fight piracy, is not through lawsuits and enforcement, but rather, through cutting cinema prices so that more people can enjoy the cinematic experience.

Citing the "feeling of a special occasion" that cinema offers, as opposed to downloading poor quality videos from the Internet, Boyle thinks that lowering prices and making the cinema more accessible to young people will make them appreciate the difference between a proper viewing experience, and one that piracy offers.

One wonders if the same principle can be applied to movie disc sales, by cutting prices to levels that can make piracy obsolete, as well as offer the convenience that pirated downloads offer (no intrusive DRM, fast downloads, greater selection).

More:

Slumdog Millionaire director advocates fighting film piracy by encouraging more young people to visit the cinema
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

YES!!!

That's what I've been saying! LOL

If they stat making DVDs cheaper more people will buy them, I know I for one usually only buy movies after they've been out for a while or if I can get it cheap on eBay or something.

I mean, the studios are already releasing poor excuses for DVDs anyway, with even companies like Disney not giving disc art anymore, they're just boring grey discs with no paper insert... often times those crappy eco-cases that makes me want to run the box over with a car... etc. Would it really hurt them to not charge $20+ a movie?
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...