X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

The Pirate Bay: Two Appeal Judges Have Conflict Of Interest

The Pirate Bay defense wants two judges in their upcoming appeal to be thrown off the case, as they believe these judges are biased. One judge is actually a member of the Swedish Copyright Association, and another is a member of the Swedish Association for the Protection of Industrial Property.

The appeals court has already ruled earlier that these two judges are not biased just because they have associations with pro-copyright groups, but TPB defense will challenge this ruling in the Supreme Court to ensure they get a fair trial.

More:

Two of the main judges appointed to the upcoming Pirate Bay appeal have been accused of a conflict of interest, since they have both been members of pro-copyright groups. The appeal court decided that the judges are not biased, but the defense has announced that it will take the case to the Supreme Court, which is likely to delay the trial.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • doctorhardware
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2006

I have to agree that they need to be excussed from the case. I do not think that the ruling would be fair.
    Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

The bias allegations have now delayed the appeal until next year, which is probably what TPB defence team wanted in the first place.

More:

Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• drfsupercenter
        NOT an online superstore
        • Oct 2005

Haha, precisely, because now we get another year of piracy

Seriously, though, one thing I noticed... those few days when the site WAS down because of those ISP moving issues, nobody really noticed. All the torrents still worked fine thanks to DHT and all the other sites that relay torrents (like Sumotorrent or those ones that keep popping up on google) had mirrors.

So in reality TPB will always be around whether the site is forced to go offline or not...
        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
        Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
        My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...