X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

The Pirate Bay Is Gone Forever, But Only The Tracker

Today marks an important day in the history of The Pirate Bay. The Pirate Bay tracker is official down and will never be back up again. But don't fret, The Pirate Bay website is still going on strong and the lack of a tracker is no longer the big deal that it once was, thanks to relentless chase by the MPAA forcing newer and harder to stop technology to be used.

One such technology is DHT (with peer exchange), which most BitTorrent clients support. The idea behind it is simple - since files are now distributed and shared, why not also distribute and decentralize the tracking services, so that every peer that connects is also a tracker.

Without having to operate a tracker, there is less of a legal argument that groups like the MPAA can make against The Pirate Bay, and there is also less chance of file sharing being stopped, as a decentralized tracker is basically impossible to stop as long as there are people downloading stuff.

So on the surface it might appear that the RIAA/MPAA have won a battle against TPB, but while there may be short term positive effects in relation to stopping file sharing, this actually makes file sharing more resistant in the long term, and that's something the RIAA/MPAA will have nightmares about.

More:

Download music, movies, games, software and much more. The Pirate Bay is the galaxy's most resilient BitTorrent site.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

All this means is that any torrents made after this point will use a different tracker

If only there was a way to edit all the old torrents to use a different tracker, hmm...
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡