X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

UK Sky To Broadcast Football Match In 3D

The big match between English Premier League clubs Arsenal and Manchester United will be broadcast in 3D by UK Sky Sports, the first in the world.

The 3D feed, which runs in conjunction with a normal 2D feed, will enable those with 3D ready TVs and special glasses to view the match in 3D, for those using SKy+HD set top boxes (about 1.6 million users in the UK). However, just how many people have 3D ready TVs and out of those, how many have the required glasses, is hard to say, but nine pubs in London around the UK and Ireland will provide patrons the necessary equipment to watch the match in 3D.

UK Sky will launch a dedicated 3D channel in April.

And on a side note, COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!!!

More:

Football fans at nine pubs in London, Manchester, Cardiff, Edinburgh, and Dublin will don shades to watch Sunday's Premier League football match between Arsenal and Manchester United in 3D.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

What's the story so far outta the gate w/this new 3D HDTV thing? Does it actually feel like the movie theatre experience? 3d came a bit ways as far as the glasses and all that recently. Last 1 I saw if I'm not mistaken was Journey To The Center Of the Earth.

Will it ever get to the point of not having to wear those glasses?
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• Dan
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Dec 2005

Interesting read. Hard to say if this thing will fly or not, can't imagine watching a sport in 3D but sure sounds cool. Can't see the glasses in every home just to watch tv, but I'm sure their working on something better as we speak.

BTW- I'm with you Admin. Come on you GUNNERS!

Comment

• dr_ml422
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2007

I would have to experience a sports game in 3D to really tell. I mean maybe a football, baseball, basketball, soccerball and some players coming at you from the screen might not be too bad. Some scenarios though I can't see as making me pull back like in some movies.

The thing is like you said though the device. I can't see myself wearing glasses or some virtual helmet for 2 hours or more every time I watch something. Of course that's presuming 3D was standard.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

It's much too gimmicky for me. A movie that has scenes made for 3D, maybe, but a live sports programme?
          Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

I was trying to imagine a scenario w/the sports and really couldn't come up w/anything other than what I posted which really is more or less what would be taking advantage of 3D.

Comment

Working...