X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Sony Cancels OLED Production In Japan

Sony has cancelled production of its 11" OLED TV, which was priced at an extraordinary $2,500 (that's $227 per inch of screen).

OLED TVs offer superior color reproduction, better blacks and thinner panels than LCD technology, but the high cost of development and manufacturing, as well as the limited screen size, has made it only a product that the very rich can afford.

Sony still has plans to sell the OLED TV in other countries outside of Japan, and research continues on developing what many see as the eventual successor to LCD TVs.

More:

CNET is the world's leader in tech product reviews, news, prices, videos, forums, how-tos and more.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

I don't know what's going on in Japan but they better get their act straight. Seems like they're falling short in a lot of areas including the auto industry as a side note. all this development w/out real life marketing research if any or little is starting to sound like over saturation which can be deadly financially.

Starbuck's experienced this when they 1st started to expand w/out market research and almost fell through if it wasn't for some help they hired to straighten everything out.

A 11" $2500 set? I can use that right now to just about pay off 1 of my cc's, or 1/2 and put the rest down on a car note. lol...
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• Lyra97
      • Mar 2010

OLED TVs are definitely expensive since so much money goes to the techology's development and manufacturing equipments.

Comment

Working...