The Public Tells Music and Movie Companies How To Fight Piracy!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

The Public Tells Music and Movie Companies How To Fight Piracy!

PC Advisor has run a poll allowing people to tell the music labels and movie studios how to best stop online piracy.

The absolute majority of those polled said that the companies represented by the likes of the RIAA and MPAA should provide incentives for people to pay for legal content, as opposed to using punitive actions.

At the time of writing, 54.9% said that the price of CDs and DVDs should be reduced to help fight piracy.

A further 21.3% said that better service, such as the ad-supported Spotify, will also help reduced online piracy. 8.2% suggested advanced featured such as 3D will save the industry.

Only a small minority supported the actions actions of the movie and music industries. 7% said that the industry needs to increase their anti-piracy advertising spending, while only 8.6% supported tougher punishment for people found guilty of copyright infringement.

You can vote in the online poll here:

Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

I just voted on that... only 450 people though, not nearly enough to convince the studios
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

I'm lucky to get all my music from my DJ and I very well am definitely on the side of those asking for cheaper prices and incentives. Very much so w/CDs than DVDs. Rarely do you get a CD w/all the songs a hit. Apart from Jay-Z and Marc Anthony who always has a killer album since day one most have 1 maybe 2 good songs at the most.

These knuckle heads just don't get it. By the way there's many ways to get music besides online Piracy. So basically they're starting to kick a dead horse in even trying to bring back solutions to music piracy again.
      SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• PurpleDemon
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Mar 2006

It's funny that the winner on the fight is to lower prices.

Most of the music I have bought has been Amazon $5.00 downloads this last year.

They rotate often and the selection has something for every mood.

I can see how higher priced music is pirated.
        Last edited by PurpleDemon; 25 Jun 2010, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

I think because music is so easy to download (legally) these days via iTunes, Amazon and other places, people want to purchase a lot more, but some of the pricing are still very much based on physical media. For example, here in Australia, Sony's Bandit.fm charges around $17 ($USD 15) for albums, that's roughly the same price as CD albums. And it's easy to see why people will pirate music because to purchase legally the amount of songs they download illegally, it would be hundreds of dollars every month.

I think some kind of subscription service, like $USD 25 per month for 100 song downloads, might be the best way. With these types of subscription services, there are always a lot of people who don't use up all their allowed downloads, which can then then help to subsidize the cost of those that do.

It's definitely time to switch to the "sell more for less" model of doing business, or people will choose the illegal "download more for free" model themselves.
          Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• drfsupercenter
            NOT an online superstore
            • Oct 2005

eMusic works that way - I got a free trial of it once, it wasn't bad but it was all indie music... sadly most big record companies refuse to send their stuff to them since the prices are so good. I had a hard time finding 100 songs I even wanted.
            CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
            Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
            My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...