X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Hollywood against Google TV

Google TV is an ambitious plan by Google to invade your TV and make searching your own media files, as well as those online, as easy as searching for regular stuff on the Internet. In essence, Google plan to standardize the user interface in which we currently access content from our TVs.

However, Hollywood studios are wary of Google's plans, fearing that legitimate content sources would be accessible alongside illegitimate sources via the same interface.

While Hollywood's filings to the FTC do not actually mention Google TV, but instead refer to the FTC's AllVid proposal, under which Google plans to implement their Google TV solution.

However, Hollywood's argument has a big flaw. It is true that Google TV may allow you to have access to legal and illegal content via the same interface, but this is already true for the general Internet, in that you can download and stream legal content from the likes of Netflix in one browser tab, while streaming the latest episode of True Blood in your other browser tab, illegally.

More:

Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

Google is no joke! They're way ahead of the game and everyone else better wake up. I mean I trained myself to not automatically Google anymore and also just use IE8 now, but once in a while a Google comes in handy.

Hollywood has no valid arguement w/that statement. The Internet like you pointed out offers all this already. If the FTC has no issues w/the Internet then how could they tell Google their project is not valid. The only ones crying about illegality is the Anti-Piracy Agencies and the soon to be gone Biden etc... Hopefully anyway.
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

Working...