X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Pirate Parties International's New Plans: Balloon Hosting

Pirate Parties International new plan sounds ludicrous, but may yet work. They plan to launch an airborne website that hosts downloads up in the sky, where authorities and law enforcement groups will have a hard time trying to "bring down".

Before you say "what are you smoking, I want some", the pie in the sky plan will use high altitude balloons, with a local power source, and people in range will be able to download from the "server" stored on the balloon using the existing SkyGrabber software. Theoretically, it could work, and with the balloon 'High enough to be annoying, low enough to allow various "data traffic"', it would drive anti-piracy groups crazy.

Of course, what are the chances that the air force will actually shoot the balloon down, if it comes to that?

More:

Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • doctorhardware
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2006

If the Air Force has to shoot down the balloons, what I am wondering is, who will foot the bill, for using the Air Force?
    Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

The same people that pays for the FBI to investigate torrent sites ... the taxpayers!
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

Sounds like a "trial balloon" if I ever heard one.

Comment

Working...