X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

PS3 Users Unbanning Themselves From PSN, Thanks To New PSN Hack

There are reports of a new PSN hack that lets users un-ban themselves from the PS3's online service.

Last week, Sony started banning those who used hacking devices or hacked firmware from the PSN, in a bid to stop potential game pirates, as well as cheaters and troublemakers.

But it appears hackers have found a way to let users un-ban themselves, and worse, allow anyone to be banned as long as their PS3's console ID can be found. It seems hackers have tapped into the PSN's hacking algorithm, and now have full control over who gets to use PSN, and who doesn't.

Sony will no doubt respond quickly to the hack to close any security loopholes, but the war between hackers and Sony seems to be heating up.

More:

Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • Budreaux
    • Jan 2006

I've said it once and I'll say it again....Sony has pissed off the wrong people. Taking away the otherOS option was their undoing and the PS3 will be owned by the Hacker community. Had Sony embraced homebrew early on then they wouldn't be dealing with the serious and talented hackers that is tearing the PS3 to pieces. Sony just lost another console to wide open piracy, IMO.

Comment

• Digitalboy
      Hello
      • Feb 2011

Looks like Sony lost this one they might push for the release of ps4 now and learn from their mistakes.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎