Has PS3 Hacker George Hotz Fled To South America?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Has PS3 Hacker George Hotz Fled To South America?

Sony's lawyers are claiming that notorious PS3 hacker, George Hotz (aka geohot), may be fleeing to South America.

In legal filings, Sony's lawyers question the cooperation of Hotz, and his trip to South America, accusing Hotz of trying to delay turning over equipment that the judge has ordered Hotz to do so:

Though the evidence establishing personal jurisdiction is already overwhelming, SCEA has little doubt that there is much more. However, over the last several weeks Hotz has engaged in a campaign to thwart jurisdictional discovery at every turn--regardless of whether the Court has ordered such discovery or not.

Most seriously, after Magistrate Judge Spero ordered an inspection of Hotz’s devices and ordered Hotz to appear at a deposition in California, SCEA learned that Hotz had deliberately removed integral components of his impounded hard drives prior to delivering them to a third party neutral and that Hotz is now in South America, an excuse for why he will not immediately provide the components of his hard drives as requested by the neutral.

Hotz’s attempts to dodge this Court’s authority raise very serious questions
    There had even been suggestions that Hotz used money donated to him for his legal fight for the trip, however, Hotz has since denied such claims. Posting on his blog, Hotz says that his trip to South America had been "planned and paid for since November", and that he is still in constant contact with his lawyers.

"I mean, it is Spring break; hacking isn't my life," Hotz added.

Links:

Sony accuses an American hacker it is suing in a California court of fleeing the country to avoid ongoing legal action.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
Working...