X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Artist Currently Known As Prince Protests Against Piracy, Digital Music

Prince, a long time opponent of online piracy, has declared that he will no longer record any new albums as long as the Internet piracy problem remains unsolved. He also stated his disdain for digital music, even the legal kind, which he says is affecting people's brains in different ways compared to analogue music.

Back in 2007, Prince initiated a campaign of lawsuit against websites, including YouTube, that the artists believe was conducting in unauthorized distribution of his music. Even home videos, that used Prince's songs, were taken offline in the aftermath. Later that year, Prince's lawyers also attempted to get fan sites to remove anything that features Prince's likeness, including photographs and album covers. While in 2008, the musician was embroiled in controversy when he demanded removal of his performance of a Radiohead song from YouTube, despite Radiohead wanting the song to remain, arguing that "it's our song, let people hear it."

Now, Prince feels the piracy problem has only gotten worse, and that the music industry has changed so much that artists are not making as much money as they used to. "The industry changed. We made money (online) before piracy was real crazy. Nobody's making money now except phone companies, Apple and Google," said Prince, and then adding, "So I'll just hold off on recording."

Prince is also against the new trend in digital music, as he feels it does not give listeners the right experience. "I personally can't stand digital music. You're getting sound in bits. It affects a different place in your brain. When you play it back, you can't feel anything. We're analogue people, not digital," added the artist.

Prince has recorded two new albums in the last three years.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

F#$k him and the horse he rode in with!

Originally Posted by admin
    Prince, a long time opponent of online piracy, has declared that he will no longer record any new albums as long as the Internet piracy problem remains unsolved. He also stated his disdain for digital music, even the legal kind, which he says is affecting people's brains in different ways compared to analogue music.

Back in 2007, Prince initiated a campaign of lawsuit against websites, including YouTube, that the artists believe was conducting in unauthorized distribution of his music. Even home videos, that used Prince's songs, were taken offline in the aftermath. Later that year, Prince's lawyers also attempted to get fan sites to remove anything that features Prince's likeness, including photographs and album covers. While in 2008, the musician was embroiled in controversy when he demanded removal of his performance of a Radiohead song from YouTube, despite Radiohead wanting the song to remain, arguing that "it's our song, let people hear it."

Now, Prince feels the piracy problem has only gotten worse, and that the music industry has changed so much that artists are not making as much money as they used to. "The industry changed. We made money (online) before piracy was real crazy. Nobody's making money now except phone companies, Apple and Google," said Prince, and then adding, "So I'll just hold off on recording."

Prince is also against the new trend in digital music, as he feels it does not give listeners the right experience. "I personally can't stand digital music. You're getting sound in bits. It affects a different place in your brain. When you play it back, you can't feel anything. We're analogue people, not digital," added the artist.

Prince has recorded two new albums in the last three years.
    1st the guy's got money to burn so now that he's a converted w/e he can send some to all the people that supposedly are going to hell w/or w/out downloading music!. Such a hippocrate! These guys kill me. All of them. It's like the professor that tells you,"This exam's not that difficult so you shouldn't have any problem getting a passing grade". Thanks professor, though you have your degree already and I/we are going into debt trying to get ours!

He's a freaking has been anyway. Better were the days of "Lil Red Corvette" and "When Doves Cry". He should contribute some $$$ to the new age like giving away a couple of hundered USB sticks or even some iPods etc... to invite all to the new Innovation.

Support the new direction moron and see if you won't make another $500 million or so!

So now that I have WIPEout HD + FURY and GTA IV I'm going to go gangsta and start killing/robbing people in my neighborhood? I don't think so pops.

Now watch all his stuff get hit hard by the anti anti fellas, and I hope they clean him out! Let da dogs loose!

Anyone heard of Cat Power? I met her through my ex-girl and asa she started that 'Im losing $$$ crap" I asked her if it affected the 2 homes and apts. she has in LA/Miami! Funny my gf gave me a free copy of her album lol...

Man I remember when Wonder Bread was giving Cancer! Oh the world is still here too! I forgot about that one! Someone's building a modern day ark too. He better go to the Navy and rob about 100 aircraft carriers etc... just to begin with! The insects alone will occupy enough space if he goes by the 2 of each kind formula. Btw, if we came from apes/monkeys, why are there still monkeys and apes around? They got f@#cked outta the deal?

"I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep". Basically, do amaic before I leave the planet, because one thing's for sure, no one gets outta here alive!, Or do they? Hmmm. UFO abduction. I needed this admin thnx. Nothing like a good rant/outlet once in a while.
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

Working...