X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

PS4 Price Cut Is Coming, Says Microsoft Xbox Boss

The Xbox One and PS4 are currently locked in an epic battle for the hard earned money of gamers, with the PS4 currently winning handsomely. And things might get even harder for the Xbox One this upcoming holiday shopping season according to none other than Xbox boss Phil Spencer.

Speaking to IGN, Spencer says that he fully expects Sony to give the PS4 a price cut in the coming months, something that he says should be happening based on what's happened in the past.

"I fully expect they [PlayStation] will drop price. When I think about the playbook they've used in the past, we feel good about the plans we have in place going forward in the holiday. If history tells, then we'll see a price drop from them coming," says Spencer.

The plans that Spencer refers to would be the Xbox One's big exclusive line-up for the holidays, including new titles in the Halo, Forza, Tomb Raider and Gears of War franchises.

Even if Spencer's prediction proves to be true the the PS4 gets a price cut, Spencer thinks this won't necessarily be bad news for Xbox.

"It's great for gamers when price competition happens. We saw that last holiday, and we saw crazy sales numbers on all of the consoles," he said.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
Working...