• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vaughn
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jan 2002

audio editing?

Are there any audio editing tools out there that allow you to edit out certain language?
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

Give more details on what you want to do

What kind of file and such

Comment

• Vaughn
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Jan 2002

Well i am attempting to edit out some language from certain movies to make them appropiate for young/family viewing. I was thinking there would be a tool that could delete audio portions that would be easy to work with but maybe i am dreaming.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I was thinking there would be a tool that could delete audio portions that would be easy to work with but maybe i am dreaming."

Deleting portions of audio without deleting the same-time portions of video and then EXACTLY replacing the deleted audio portions with silence seems like it would be one horrendous undertaking.

It's undoubtedly easier to tell the kids to stick their fingers in their ears ;>}

Comment

• SKD_Tech
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2003

Mute button Have it handy and memorize the movie

Comment

• som1dies
            • Aug 2002

I'm not a pro at this but I have used a program (acid pro) to sorta mix music but the program also lets you edit your audio file while keeping the same lengh.My point is,I think you can use Tmpeg or virtualdub to extract your audio and then use a program like acid pro to just add in a beep or mute or alternative word.Then multiplex your audio and video using Tmpeg.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by som1dies
              I'm not a pro at this but I have used a program (acid pro) to sorta mix music but the program also lets you edit your audio file while keeping the same lengh.My point is,I think you can use Tmpeg or virtualdub to extract your audio and then use a program like acid pro to just add in a beep or mute or alternative word.Then multiplex your audio and video using Tmpeg.
              That would work. The duration of both files must be exactly be the same though

Comment

• The Maynard
                • Jan 2003

All you need is some program that shows you the waveform of the audio. I've been using the one that comes with Nero. Just select a part of the audio that has no conversation but contains the same background sound as the portion you want to cut out. Just select a very small portion of the ambient noise and copy it, then select the find the waveform that matches the curse words, highlight them and paste. That will replace the curse words with the ambient noise you copied. That way it wont delete the audio so the file will remain the same length.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎