X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sithlord48
    • Jun 2003

X-Vid Editing Errors

Does any one know why i cant seem to reEncode any xvid videos
    i can play them fine and then when i go to VDub and reencode it to lets say divx v dub crashes have tryed with several xvid files and same result .....

I have the codecs installed and i can also encode vids to xvid format
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"Does any one know why i cant seem to reEncode any xvid videos"

Are you trying to reencode the Xvids to the same or different video format?

Comment

• Soulhunter
      • Mar 2004

Re: X-Vid Editing Errors

Originally posted by Sithlord48
      Does any one know why i cant seem to reEncode any xvid videos
      i can play them fine and then when i go to VDub and reencode it to lets say divx v dub crashes have tryed with several xvid files and same result .....

I have the codecs installed and i can also encode vids to xvid format
      - What error when crashing ???

- Which VDub version ???

- Which XviD version ???

- Which DivX version ???

- Which settings ???

- File attributes ???

Bye

Member of E.V.I.L. Corp. 2003 ® - Website in progress...

Comment

• Sithlord48
        • Jun 2003

ormonde i am tryin to encode it to divx

in reply to ?'s asked by hunter

- Which VDub version == V dub 1.5.1

- Which XviD version == that is a good question as for the version i dont know(not in front of my computer) but i just downloaded the newest version to try to fix that error

- Which DivX version ??? 5.11 (pro)

-What error when crashing == currently unknown i will try again and write the error down

- Which settings == 1 pass arv bit rate set to 500 min - 2500 max

- File attributes == according to avi info the file is xvid ver unknown with mp3 auido

Also this happens with several diffrent files but all xvid format

Comment

• ormonde
          Digital Video Explorer
          • Dec 2003

To Sithlord48:

Try to reencode using the more "Stable" Divx 3.11 alpha codec.

Comment

• Soulhunter
            • Mar 2004

Which VDub version...
            Try a 1.5.4.1 build of VDubMod !!!

Which XviD version...
            Newest build is V1 RC4 currently...

What error when crashing...
            Could give us a usefully hint !!!

Also this happens with several different files but all XviD format
            Would like to know which decoder is used to decompress your XviD files...

Download the latest ffdshow build here, and see if it solves your problem !!!

Originally posted by ormonde
            Try to reencode using the more "Stable" Divx 3.11 alpha codec.
            Nah, he could also use some "even more stable" M$ codec from the 90's...

Bye
            Last edited by Soulhunter; 4 May 2004, 05:07 AM.

Member of E.V.I.L. Corp. 2003 ® - Website in progress...

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
              It Was The Dog, I Swear!
              • Nov 2003

I don't get it.
              I mean, I get it.
              Or something like that.

"downloaded" Xvid gives me all kinds of seriously annoying problems when trying to convert them using the finest programs. The same kind of annoyances posted time and time again in this forum. Never did find a good cure, on my machine, or in the forum.

Yet, when I rip a DVD myself, using my Xvid codec, the outcome is quite different. XVID WORKS GREAT!

Using my own encoded (not downloaded) Xvid file, I get beautiful and trouble-free results when using the Xvid for input into tmpgenc or vdub. Output is spectacular. input gives me no trouble.

To recap:

If I made the xvid myself from a DVD or whatever, I get great results. If I downloaded the xvid endoded file, I get crashes, errors, and/or crappy output from the Xvid to (insert format here)

My versions (change from time to time) vdub and tmpgenc deal with MY xvid fine. but when it's someone elses xvid... all those details that are asked for don't seem to matter. What seems to matter is that it's MY XVID, not a borrowed one.

Any input from the experts on this?
              My toy:

Custom Build PC Born on 03-08-08AMD Athlon64 X2 6400+ (3.21Ghz) (Black Edition) on overclock ready Asus M2R32-MVP Crossfire AMD chipset Mobo, 8-Channel HD Audio, Windows XP MCE, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 500GB SATA-II HardDisks X 4 in RAID 4 mode,(1.5 TB storage capacity + 500GB eSata external) Sony MultiRec DVD-RW, PCI-HDTV Tuner, SOYO Topaz S 24" Wide LCD 1920X1200

Comment

• The Edge
                Digital Video Expert
                Digital Video Expert
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by DrinkOrDie
                I don't get it.
                I mean, I get it.
                Or something like that.

"downloaded" Xvid gives me all kinds of seriously annoying problems when trying to convert them using the finest programs. The same kind of annoyances posted time and time again in this forum. Never did find a good cure, on my machine, or in the forum.

Yet, when I rip a DVD myself, using my Xvid codec, the outcome is quite different. XVID WORKS GREAT!

Using my own encoded (not downloaded) Xvid file, I get beautiful and trouble-free results when using the Xvid for input into tmpgenc or vdub. Output is spectacular. input gives me no trouble.

To recap:

If I made the xvid myself from a DVD or whatever, I get great results. If I downloaded the xvid endoded file, I get crashes, errors, and/or crappy output from the Xvid to (insert format here)

My versions (change from time to time) vdub and tmpgenc deal with MY xvid fine. but when it's someone elses xvid... all those details that are asked for don't seem to matter. What seems to matter is that it's MY XVID, not a borrowed one.

Any input from the experts on this?
                If you open these downloaded files in say VDub, is the output the same?

If it's ok in VDub (vfw) then it's just a playback problem. You will need to look into that.
                "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• Sithlord48
                  • Jun 2003

ok i am gonna encode some xvid when i come home from work and let u know if i have the same problem

Comment

• The Edge
                    Digital Video Expert
                    Digital Video Expert
                    • Jan 2003

Right so.
                    "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
                      It Was The Dog, I Swear!
                      • Nov 2003

Well the problems seem to be just alot of bad spots in the video causing sync problems or conversion just freezes at some point.

Not really a quality issue with the outputted file, just problems with the source file that hinder successful conversion.

I'm thinking that for some reason, Xvid seems more prone than other codecs, to transmission errors across the internet.
                      My toy:

Custom Build PC Born on 03-08-08AMD Athlon64 X2 6400+ (3.21Ghz) (Black Edition) on overclock ready Asus M2R32-MVP Crossfire AMD chipset Mobo, 8-Channel HD Audio, Windows XP MCE, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 500GB SATA-II HardDisks X 4 in RAID 4 mode,(1.5 TB storage capacity + 500GB eSata external) Sony MultiRec DVD-RW, PCI-HDTV Tuner, SOYO Topaz S 24" Wide LCD 1920X1200

Comment

Working...