Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wavereel
    • Dec 2005

All video files play slow

every video I play plays slowly on my laptop, it shouldn't, it didn't used to. i'm running a 1.7ghz with 512mb ram toshiba tecra S1.

I've tried:
    restarting a million-bazillion times (which is annoying because the "loading personal settings" screen stays on forever and I don't know why, that's also a new, un-documented feature {or bug})

closing all of the windows

increasing the priority of my video player (but the processor isn't even at 100% anyway)

don't know what else to try, pelase help!
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Welcome to the Digital Digest Video forum wavereel!

Try defragging your hard drive. Deleted unnecessary files, free up some space. Delete your temporary internet files.

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

hi wavereel, in addition to jmet's advice,

make sure you have the latest directx and graphics card drivers. try playing with media player classic.

if still no improvement, its likely your video is being decoded poorly, either by the wrong codec, or the wrong player.

try downloading & installing the 'october 13 2005' version of ffdshow from http://www.aziendeassociate.it/cd.asp?dir=/ffdshow , then play your files.
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• wavereel
        • Dec 2005

more than just a defrag

check this out. I tried changing the harddrive and re-installing windows and I still get the problem. I just had the soundcard replaced and the motherboard. if anyone wants to buy a toshiba, make sure they have a great protection plan with it. these things have some issues.

Comment

Working...