X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tws
    • Nov 2005

blutach...

i'm ready...

i've got decrypter and love it... it does dvd very nicely...

but it's not very intuitive at least to me...

how do i get it to burn a cd? which isn't an ISO file?

thanks...

tws

Comment

• C.E.O.
      Uber Noober
      • Nov 2005

Theres a free cd burner. It works fine but I just like things to work as they should. Imgburn wont do .zip or .rar or all the other types of files. Right click>send to dvddrive. Cant get much simpler than that so i want it to work. If NERO sends me an email, ill post what they say to use.
      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

Hi C.E.O.

Since you've uninstalled Ahead Nero 6 via Add or Remove Programs and this in turn left drivers, files, and incomplete Nero removal in windows registry. Please reinstall Nero 6 again, restart windows, uninstall Ahead Nero 6 with Nero 6 CleanTool or General CleanTool, delete Ahead Nero folder if any in C:\ Programs Files and C:\Program Files\Common Files. Go to Start-->Run and type "regedit" to open the Registry Editor, expand (press the + sign) the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder, expand the Software folder, right-click only any Ahead Nero folder and press Delete. Do exactly the same step for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder. Be sure to back your windows registry up first before doing any windows regitry editing. After this you can check and clean your windows registry again with your favorite registry cleaner. Good luck

Regards

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

he used nero 7

Comment

• benbryant
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Aug 2005

Mahalo Chewy for letting me know

Unfortunately the clean tool for 7 is the clean tool for 6 and will not run. Either their link is bad or they dont have one yet. I mailed support on the issue. Why the hell they wouldnt incorporate this into the "uninstall" is beyond me. I mean, isnt that what its supposed to do? Uninstall all of it, not just some of it.
            I didn't know for sure what version of Nero C.E.O. had. So then he can do the same above following step with Nero 7 CleanTool instead. To test both Nero 7 CleanTool and Nero General CleanTool to see how good they were, I installed the trial version of Nero 7.0.1.2, uninstall first with General CleanTool, took a note at the Program Files and windows registry for the remain. I then reinstalled Nero 7 again, uninstall it with Nero 7 CleanTool, and recheck again. Both tools seemed to provide equally the same results. IMHO, I would go for Nero 7 CleanTool because it is specifically designed for uninstalling Nero 7

Regards

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

whew,
              way to go ben, I had already hosed nero on one of my test boxes
              trying to help someone, fixed, but since I use nero so much, rather you than me. thought that tool I refered him to would work.

Comment

• C.E.O.
                Uber Noober
                • Nov 2005

Thanks guys, Ill try that tonite after work

Comment

• C.E.O.
                  Uber Noober
                  • Nov 2005

They sent me an E mail as follows...

Please delete all Nero 7 applications off of your system using our special Nero 7 CleanTool (proper address is shown).

First make sure you have your Nero 7 serial number. You will need it to install Nero/NeroExpress.

Launch Nero StartSmart and open the Nero ProductCenter by clicking
                  on the "Nero" logo in the upper left corner.
                  Select the "Serial Numbers" tab to view your serial number.

Alternatively, you can also find your serial number as follows:
                  Open the Registry by clicking on "Start" in Windows, clicking on "Run", entering "regedit" in the text field, and confirming with "OK".

Now select the path
                  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ahead\Installation\Fam ilies\Nero 7\Info
                  Double-click on the "serial7" entry.
                  Your serial number can be found at this location.

The serial number is structured as follows:
                  1Cxx-xxxx-xxxx-...

When you have your serial number, proceed to download the Nero 7 CleanTool using the following link:
                  ftp://ftp9.nero.com/attach/General-CleanTool_7.zip
                  Save this file to your Desktop.
                  Unzip the CleanTool with WinZip or WinRar and double-click on the .exe file.
                  Reboot your system when the CleanTool has finished.
                  The Registry will have been cleaned and all Nero entries removed.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

I didnt get around to it last night, but it looks as its the same steps as outlined from benbryant. So well see.

Comment

• jmnrph
                    • Dec 2005

Cannot burn CD's

I am having the same problem as you. I get the same error as you did when I try to burn a CD but it reads a CD just fine. I have an HP CD-Writer cd16f running Windows XP SP2. I have tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling to no avail and also tried using the CD Writing Wizard and Recordnow with the same results. I even contacted HP online support and they can't figure it out either.

Comment

Working...