X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Clone Mode

I have had this video/capture card for awhile now but, just got around to messing around with it. I can capture from my VCR, Satellite, etc. fine. But, when I try to "clone" my monitor image over to my TV, it works fine except for the video files. There is just a green box where the video should be. Its like the video render settings are all messed up. I am at a loss why it won't show video files. I have tried all different software players.

My video card is a ATI ALL-IN-WONDER Radeon 9000. I'm running XP Pro SP2, 512 MB of RAM, 340 total GB of hard disk, Creative SB Live sound card, 1.85 gigahertz AMD processor Barton +2700, bus clock set at 166 megahertz.

Here is a screen shot of what its doing:

• anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

lol you love using that camrea, don't you?

likely you're using overlay mode, which limits no. of videos that can be rendered to just one. run MPC, set output to vmr9 renderless. close mpc, run again & play. latest drivers & directx?

does this happen only on dvd's, or all videos?

what happens when you try setting the tv to be the primary display (the monitor will switch off)
    Last edited by anonymez; 31 Dec 2005, 05:59 PM.
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

"lol you love using that camrea, don't you?"
      I just find it so much easier to take a pic of it, than try to explain it. It helps me and the person trying to help me better understand my problem exactly! lmao

"what happens when you try setting the tv to be the primary display (the monitor will switch off)"
      I had the same problem.

"likely you're using overlay mode, which limits no. of videos that can be rendered to just one. run MPC, set output to vmr9 renderless. close mpc, run again & play."
      Thank you! That did the trick!

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

anytime mate

btw vmr9 *should* be used in all cases, whether tv or monitor, IMO, video looks much better than overlay, though at the expense of cpu load
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...