Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hellnbak
    • Jan 2006

Deleting movies from hard disk

Hello. I recently started using DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter to make backups of my DVD movies. Works perfectly, no problems at all, except for one: during the process of backing them up, the process of course makes some sort of backup to the folder I created on one of my partitions (I know it doesn't actually make a complete backup, just not sure what to call it). Anyhow, after the backup is complete, I check the hard disk partition, which of course has some space used for the "backup". The problem comes when I delete the folder to free up space, it deletes fine but the partition still shows the same amount of space being used, even after the folder is deleted. Tried everying I could think of, but the amount of used space continues to grow with each backup I make. Does anyone out there know what is going on, and how I can actually free up my partition space?
    Your help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance.
    Hellnbak
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

Have you got Norton Protected Recycle Bin? That needs emptying as well.

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

As nwg mentioned, you probably have Norton's installed. Which means you have a "Norton Protected Recycle Bin". Right click on your recycle bin, then choose "Empty Norton Protected File Bin", the click "Purge All" right after.

Comment

• Hellnbak
        • Jan 2006

Hey, thanks so much. I think your suggestions did the trick! Have a good one!

Comment

• nwg
          Left *****
          • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by Hellnbak
          Hey, thanks so much. I think your suggestions did the trick! Have a good one!

Good.

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

I hate it when I forget to tell nortons to stop it's silly protection crap.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...