Help! Installed new PCI card (no video/audio)??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaneT
    • Jan 2006

Help! Installed new PCI card (no video/audio)??

Installed new pci card for my digital video camera w/ dv connector. I have the proper firewire cable. Thought everything was working okay. The computer acted like it recognized my camera. When I would hit play on my software the camera would start and all the other functions work as well(ffwd, rewind, pause, etc.) The problem is it's not converting the video to the computer. Is it possible that even though those functions are working that my computer doesn't recognize the drive, or that I haven't done something correct. When I go to my control panel it doesn't list the IEEE1394 as a device. However I have found the IEEE1394 in another location, clicked on it and it says it is working properly. Then it asks if there's a problem to click troubleshoot. When I click trouble shoot it won't pull up the page. Any ideas?
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

The problem is it's not converting the video to the computer
    the conversion will happen later on, but i dont intend to split hairs (just defining the terms)

so you're saying the capturing of the video material does not take place
    what exactly makes you say/think so?

does your capturing tool (which is it btw?) stop capturing or does it show any error message?

does it produce any file (which format would that be and is the necessary DV codec installed??) at all?

since your pc lets you select and start the cam the connection via firewall must be ok

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

use this guide to get the video to your pc http://www.doom9.org/dv/guide_paragraph0.html
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• DaneT
        • Jan 2006

I have both image mixer and power producer for my software. No files are coming up. It does report an error that video preview failed. It says check connections which I've done. The device manager does show that the IEEE-1394 port is recognized and working properly. Any more ideas??? Thanks

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

did you try the link in my previous post?
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...