X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yogi55
    • Nov 2005

New hardware out there - the sling

Hi Ya'll
    There's a new item out on the shelves.(kinda pircey, $200) It's called "the Sling". It's suppose to broadcast movies or vcr media to your computer or another TV? Tried to get some info from store that was selling it They did'nt sound too sure what it did. anybody know any more about this item. will it recive analog and send didgital?

some of my friends were strangers when I frist met them ,some are still strange.
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

all you need to know

"What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

Hey is there a way to do that... say I don't have a cable jack in my room, my parents don't want me to install one, but we got TV in the family room (all of it is true)... I don't need a device for 3000 miles away LOL, just for going upstairs. I would need something really cheap.
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

• aksmith
        • May 2004

I know this is an old post, but I just got a Sling Box and it's a good product. I have a place in PA and one in Vegas, where I am most of the year. I miss my hometown tv, so I hooked up a slingbox in PA to watch my tv channels when I'm not there. I also had to send the signal to my router from a distant tv in another room. I bought the Sling Link (an electrical outlet network device) and it works perfectly. The picture quality is a bit choppy, but I can watch the tv from Philly in Las vegas pretty well. The Sling Link was about 100 bucks. Got the Slong Box on sale for 199. The Sling Like was cheaper than the same device from Linksys or Netgear. So, I'm really happy with it.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
          NOT an online superstore
          • Oct 2005

Oh yeah, I got cable in my room so I'm good
          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
          Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• aksmith
            • May 2004

Yeah, that works too. I'm impressed with how well the signal is transmitted across the country even from an electrical bridge. Nice invention. Now the local broadcasters and networks and MPAA will try to screw it up.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
              NOT an online superstore
              • Oct 2005

Indeed.
              CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
              Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...