X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • canvasfly
    • Jan 2006

Creating a DVD/VOB player and archive from and older PC

<HR style="COLOR: #cccc99" SIZE=1> Hello

I am ripping VOB files from my DVDs. I'm ripping them without substitles and only one audio track.
    I want to create a machine that'll play those files back smoothly on my TV.

I have a sub 1ghz pc laying around the house. I might be 500-600. I know that, as it stand now, it won't play the VOB files.
    Can I add any hardware to that PC to allow VOB playback? Would an MPEG2 Decoder Card work, Or any other high quality videocard?

If its possible, do you have any hardware recommnedation?
    It its not, I'll go another route.

Thank you
  • Zero G
    Next to Arch Stanton
    • Jan 2006

You just need software to play DVD files. Power DVD among others can play the files.
    "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

it'll play dvd's just fine, get a graphics card with dxva, such as the geforce 6200, which are quite cheap. even a 5200 will do, if you want to lower the cost even more.
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

I might be 500-600. I know that, as it stand now, it won't play the VOB files.
        watch out, it may need an older style agp card

Comment

Working...