Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gp1210
    • Jan 2006

Internet not opening some sites

Can someone please help me with this Internet issue? I can log into some sites but some give me a message that the page cannot be display. It normally happens with my bank website or when I check my Yahoo email. I can log into the Home page but when I try to log into my own bank account or my own email account I get the message. Please help me…thanks.
  • photo_angel2004
    Queen of Digital Video
    Queen of Digital Video
    • Jan 2004

It is possible that the web site may be down for maintenance. Are you using internet explorer?
    You may also want to try and www.google.com

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• Zero G
      Next to Arch Stanton
      • Jan 2006

It could be an issue with your DNS also.
      "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

If you use Internet Explorer, try to delete the Temporary Internet Files and History. If you use Mozilla Firefox, go to Tools and press Clear Private Data. Hope that it'll for you

Regards

Comment

• Cambion7
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Nov 2005

You could also open a dos box (run cmd.exe) and ping well known addresses such as yahoo.com msn.com and google.com to see what may be happening. I've seen some times where PacBell lost a backbone which disconnected some servers from the net. To see what I mean you can use 'tracert' to yahoo.com to see what connections exist between you and them.

Regards,
          Cambion7
          Like the info in these forums? Want to contribute? Click here to Register for Free!

"In space, nobody can hear you cha cha cha...."
          - Confidence

Comment

• drfsupercenter
            NOT an online superstore
            • Oct 2005

Are you at school/work? Maybe it's blocked. Try this (I just made the redirect for me to use at school ):

Even if the site is not blocked, the proxy surfs the net from another site, so if that site loads, so should whatever you are trying to load.
            CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
            Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
            My DVD Collection

Comment

• NightbladeXX
              Digital Putz
              • Jan 2006

Are you running Spybot or another spyware program that'll block sites?? -err sorry didn't read thru the whole message- Spybot or others wouldn't block a legit site. But you may have some sort of malware trying to redirct those sites or hijack them. Getting a little toooo common now. A good webserver like a banks or yahoos can detect some logger or redirecting warez and wont allow you to access their site.
              Last edited by NightbladeXX; 28 Jan 2006, 11:56 AM.

http://www.steelers.com/

AMD FX-62 @3.2GHz
              2GB of Corsair XMS 4-4-4-12 @ 860 MHz soon to be 4GB
              MSI K9N Diamond nForce 590 SLI
              nVidia 8800 GTS 320 MB
              650W PSU + 465W (external)
              6 WD HD's 2x500, 2x320, 250, and 36GB Raptor + 200 External for Vista HP back ups
              LG DVD+RW
              Koolance EXOS Coolant System
              Buffalo Link Station Live 500GB NAS
              Dual Acer 2223's (22") Monitors
              Antec 900 Case custom painted interior black w/ 4 120mm blue fans + 200mm top vent
              Vista Home Premium 32 bit
              Vista Ultimate 64 bit (new)
              XP Professional 32 bit
              Ubuntu 7.04

Comment

• anonymez
                Super Moderator
                • Mar 2004

could be your firewall setup, both e-mail and most definitely back accounts have encryption.

check your firewall settings.
                "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• paglamon
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Aug 2005

Bank accounts usually require 128 bit encryption with IE.Ensure that u have atleast IE6 with 128 bit encryption.
                  sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

Working...