Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bebop
    • Mar 2006

A little help?

Hey there. First off I am a newbie on this forum and I appologise if this thread is in the wrong board. There's alot on this forum so I picked which one I thought was most suitable for my problem. If need be, please re-post this thread else where. Thanks.

Ok I've got a film studies project dawning and I'm curious about lightsaber effects. I've searched the net for tutoritals but have found none concerning the software that is available to me: Pinnacle Studio 10.
    I've thought that maybe Chroma Keying could be the best way to go but predict problems with clashing colours. Also a total of 3 lightsabers will be diferent colours.

Does anyone know of a method to creater a lightsaber effect in Pinnacle Studio 10 OR a good way to make the lightsabers more realistic and true to the films during filming? I will be using offical plastic sabers. They do not glow or make a noise. They simply have a retractable plastic saber. I'm on a tight budget!

Any comments or help would be appreciated. Thank you!
  • NightbladeXX
    Digital Putz
    • Jan 2006

just FYI,

Maximum PC magazine, April 2006, just gave Pinnacle Systems Studio Plus 10 a rating of 3 (out of 10), citing problems with Athlon 64's

sorry I dont know squat about your original question

just read the article and read this post

nB

http://www.steelers.com/

AMD FX-62 @3.2GHz
    2GB of Corsair XMS 4-4-4-12 @ 860 MHz soon to be 4GB
    MSI K9N Diamond nForce 590 SLI
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320 MB
    650W PSU + 465W (external)
    6 WD HD's 2x500, 2x320, 250, and 36GB Raptor + 200 External for Vista HP back ups
    LG DVD+RW
    Koolance EXOS Coolant System
    Buffalo Link Station Live 500GB NAS
    Dual Acer 2223's (22") Monitors
    Antec 900 Case custom painted interior black w/ 4 120mm blue fans + 200mm top vent
    Vista Home Premium 32 bit
    Vista Ultimate 64 bit (new)
    XP Professional 32 bit
    Ubuntu 7.04

Comment

• Bebop
      • Mar 2006

Hmm well if that's the case could someone recommend a better software? I'm looking for something that enables Chroma Key and for hte sake of my original question something that could create lightsabers. Any help?

Comment

• mill
        Im Off To See The Wizard
        • Oct 2005

Is this what your looking for ,forgive me if im off base. Welcome to the Forum
        Last edited by mill; 7 Mar 2006, 11:07 AM.
        Keep Plugin away

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

the saber effect is kinda weak in that link; you'll get better results by roughly:

filling the saber with white on a new layer, duplicate this layer 3 times. add gaussian blur to the first fill layer the width of the saber. double blur for next layer, double again for the layer after that, etc.

merge blur layers, add an outer glow-- specify color here, use screen blend mode, lower opacity a little
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...