X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robert D Snaps
    • Mar 2006

Nero Express - Very Basic Questions

Greetings,

First let me say that Nero email tech support is feckless. I wrote them 2 emails several days ago and have heard nothing back. Via Google this looked like the most comprehensive DVD forum and I am hoping someone can help me.

1. DVD+RW - Is there a way to add data incrementally to a DVD. Burn , save, add another burn? Everytime I try to do this the data from the first burn is erased.

2. Folder/File mix - I just tried to burn a DVD with a folder of snaps and individual files (more pictures). My burn only saved the files?

3. Partial Overwrites - This is related to (1.) "With DVD+RW, you simpley start recording from any point, only overwrting unwanted parts." How do you do this?

4. Error message - "Could not open (folder name) because a jpeg marker segment length is too short (the file may be truncated or incomplete). The folder/files are on the burned DVD but they can't be accessed because of the above error message?

I know this is a lot but I thank you in advance for your time and energy. I really need help here. Until I can establish a consist workflow for saving my digital snaps I can make very little progress.

Snapping out,

d
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

I think trying to do what you are attempting would be better with an extra hard drive or dvd-ram. nero express and dvd-rw were never intended for all the things you want to do.

Comment

• Robert D Snaps
      • Mar 2006

Chewy,

I might have put too much stuff in one thread but I don't think I am trying to do anything extraordinary. I should be able to save some pictures to a DVD+RW. Then when I have some more pictures to add to the DVD+RW, I should be able to take that same DVD+RW and add additional data to it without losing all my former information. You can do with a CD.

Perhaps you can't do this with Nero Express? If that is the case I would be willing to upgrade or find another program that would allow me to do this.

I would also appreciate information on (4.). I keep getting this error message when I try to add multiple folders in one session. What is that error message telling me?

Snapping out,

d

Comment

• Robert D Snaps
        • Mar 2006

I figured out what is causing the problem. For whatever reason you can't burn from multiple scan disk media cards. If I first batch everything into something like Photoshop Elements and then burn from there I can do multiple sessions and or partial overwrites and I don't get the error message in (4).

I did want to save directly from the media cards as I use them to DVD+RV but I suspect the headers on the different cards are messing Nero up.

Snapping out,

d

Comment

• Robert D Snaps
          • Mar 2006

Greetings,

It is getting even better. I have discovered that I can do multiple sessions and record everything straight from the media card. The trick is to do a session for each media card. God must love me a lot.

Snapping out,

d

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

The only problem here, is RW is one of the least reliable backups.
            Critical data, I archive on 2 hard drives and one cd-r.

Comment

Working...