• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • codajohn
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jul 2005

Internet Explorer 7

PC magazine has some information on the newest Internet Explorer 7. Just wondering if anyone has tried this beta version?
    Download site.
    CJ
    My DVD Collection
    Register To Join Digital Video Forums

Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop, Windows XP Home SP 2 (build 2600), 2.80GH Pent 4, ST94811A 40GB HD, 2GB RAM, NEC DVD+RW ND-6100A 104D, ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700, External 250GB Maxtor HD, External LG-5163D A105

IBM ThinkCenter 8189, XP Pro, 3.2GH Pentium 4, 120 GB HD, 1GB Ram, BENQ DW1650 BCIC, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

The Golden Rules of Burning
  • kevdriver
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • May 2005

just downloaded and installed. Went smooth and transferred everything from IE6 over no problem. Layout is different a bit but basically same thing just laid out different. It has the pop up blocker as well as a phishing filter which it reccommends you have on. Will have to wait and see how it works out after a while.
    Oils well thats ends well.

Comment

• soup
      Just Trying To Help
      • Nov 2005

Same as kevdriver but as I use Firefox I don't know if I will ever know it's full capabilities. All I know is it is there if I need it & was recommended by a trusted friend.

Comment

• kevdriver
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • May 2005

Originally Posted by soup
        Same as kevdriver but as I use Firefox I don't know if I will ever know it's full capabilities. All I know is it is there if I need it & was recommended by a trusted friend.

Hey Soup, Firefox is great. I do have it on my puter but don't generally use it. Guess I'm just so comfortable with IE and lazy that I'm not giving it the time it deserves to grow on me. I do like the many add ons for it though....... some verrryyyy useful.
        Oils well thats ends well.

Comment

• soup
          Just Trying To Help
          • Nov 2005

@kevdriver since a few here gave me some info on it & highly recommended it, I decided to use FireFox in place of the IE6 that I had at the time & use Thunderbird for e-mail, I have never looked back. I haven't even used IE7 beta2 yet but I hear it has tabbed browsing as well.

Comment

• chickeneater
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Apr 2002

you gotta love the "add-ons" such as spyware and adware installed with sneaky activex programs that appear to Microsoft as useful and/or entertaining, but they have bad intentions...

The only thing that doesn't make me mad about IE7 is that it supposedly is now not a part of Windows Explorer, so it has a little bit more of a chance to be fully uninstalled.

Not that any of this matters; I use linux
            FFDShow filters
            Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• nwg
              Left *****
              • Jun 2003

I also use Firefox and won't use anything else. I also use portable firefox on a USB pen drive. I can use Firefox and my own bookmarks on any computer I use. I do the same with Thunderbird and check my emails.

Comment

• atifsh
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • May 2003

im regularly using the betas of ie7, and it has transformed to better browser now. the preview of beta 2 was not as good as the internal version i had. but this new 20th march is said tobe feature complete and im liking it, its seems fine now
                Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• Gary D
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Dec 2005

I just uninstalled #7 and went back to #6. I save some of my cookies for sites (like this one so I don't have to sign in all the time). IE7 could not remember my automatic logins or find my cookies. So I ditch it. I went back to IE6 because it is not "beta". It still seems that not all of the bugs are fixed. IE7 also slowed my web browzing immensely. Therefore newer is not better (yet). But I am so mad at Microsift for releasing a version not fully debugged! This is 2nd time I had to let go of an MS beta program. The first was MS defender (a replacement for MS anti-spyware). Therefore it will be a while before I try another MS beta program. Therefore I am wiser about MS beta!!!!!
                  Gary D

Comment

• atifsh
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • May 2003

has tobe some other problem as ie7 since almost begining was very fast. iv no problem with auto login's / cookie thingy.
                    pls try newer 20th march beta2 preview. the first preview beta2 was crap.

but then remember beta is not feature complete and this is not even beta standard [Preview of beta 2]
                    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                      NOT an online superstore
                      • Oct 2005

I also use portable firefox on a USB pen drive. I can use Firefox and my own bookmarks on any computer I use. I do the same with Thunderbird and check my emails.
                      Where do you get this? I use Firefox at school because when configured right, it bypasses many of the filter blocks. (Including this site... not blocked in Firefox) However, I have to manually set the proxy for each and every PC I use it at, and my school has like 300 PCs.

Can I get it to remember the proxy settings?
                      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                      My DVD Collection

Comment

• nwg
                        Left *****
                        • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
                        Can I get it to remember the proxy settings?
                        It should. It just need setting up like a normal firefox setup but on a pen drive.

Mozilla Firefox® is a fast, full-featured web browser that's easy to use. It has lots of great features including popup-blocking, tabbed-browsing, integrated search, improved privacy features, automatic updating and more. Plus, thanks to the PortableApps.com launcher bundled in the Mozilla Firefox, Portable Edition, it leaves no personal information behind on the machine you

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                          NOT an online superstore
                          • Oct 2005

Sweet! Will try on Monday.
                          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                          Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                          My DVD Collection

Comment

• soup
                            Just Trying To Help
                            • Nov 2005

Has anybody ever went through all the add-ons for FireFox? I am trying but I tell you over 1200 wow. Now I am not talking about downloading them which I am not but just going through them. I am up to page 40.

Comment

Working...