Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phillip
    • May 2006

No Audio In Laptop

Guys please help I am going crazy. recently my laptop had a bug so i had to reinstall windows xp and lost all programs and files, now my default audio is bluetooth and my system has no sound from cds and dvds...nothing

I went into the control panel and reset the sound volume that didnt help either...now I dont know where to start what to do.

please help with suggestion I am about to go crazy.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

device manager and drivers?

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

head over to the manufacturer's website and download audio drivers
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Phillip
        • May 2006

Chewy, I did go to device manager the volume is at max, and I lso enabled and disabled digital audio but nothing works.......I am gonna try and download audio drivers from the web and see what happens....I am realy frustrated

Comment

• Phillip
          • May 2006

anony where do I download the drivers for windows xp, where i have been it seems less promising and the drivers are huge huge downloads at 22 MB....cant it be easier and faster than that?

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

unfortunately, no

you do not set volume levels in device manager

Comment

• Phillip
              • May 2006

chewy i think device manager is when i click on controls then hardware and maintanance, the systems, hardware then device manager, the sounds, video and game controllers (is this it?). i have been there the funy thing is that the only drive i can enable and disable is bluetooth. Then there is audio codec,bluetooth audio,legacy audio drivers,legacy video capture devices,media control devices and video codecs. all seem to be enabled because i have no option to disable or enable them except for my useless bluetooth. do you think i am missing certain drivers?

is it possible to reisntall windows xp without losing the files on my laptop and sort of retain audio drivers? this is when i am IT Grade 0, help me as if i am the dumbest.......i miss copying dvds and making dvd mp3 it is hard to guess which music chapter is of interest without sound!!!

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

take anony's advise

manufacturers usually supply disks or hidden partitions for restoring the computer, but I like to have all the latest drivers

I download them and put on cd or usb drive

Comment

• Phillip
                  • May 2006

anony- chewy....i searched for the windows xp audio drives on the internet and got nvidia 5.10 audio drive. i downloaded the drive, what must i do now?

The drive appears on my c drive but on my device manager I only see the audio codec etc with only bluetooth audio. still bluetooth audio is the only one i can enable and i see nothing of what i downloaded from nvidia except on my c drive files....how should it work please help.

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

we need everything you can tell us about your laptop, who made it? part number, model and be accurate and exact.

did it come with any cd's?

Comment

• Phillip
                      • May 2006

Thanks chewy, I am gonna write long and with attention to detail.

After my computer crashed i had to download windows xp from a friend because i couldnt find my one, now I have found it but i dont know how to install it and i am concerned about losing all files. My one is written, "windows xp Home Edition W/ SP2 Mecer/Posiflex Product Recovery CD-ROM. it further says that support for the product is provided by Mustek and is for distribution with mecer PC only. The other CDs that came with are just nero, power dvd, msi bluetooth solution, and notebook 1.2.

The model number is 255113, it is written that it complies with part 15/68 of the FCC rules. The windows xp cd of my one is written part no: X10-75156-mus01. i am struggling to see what the exact name of the model is but its written mecer/posiflex.

Will this do?

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

thare usually 2 options, one is a repair which won't mess with current data or installed programs but also won't fix a lot of damage done by bad things
                        the other and best option is a clean start, absolutely clean, kills everything

Buy Mecer laptops at the best prices in South Africa. Direct public sales at warehouse prices. Mecer notebook computers at better pricing and service. Regional sales - South Africa sales.

is this the company?

you'll have to figure out this page?

BINGO

got a funny feeling that notebook 1.2 is the driver disk
                        Last edited by Chewy; 8 Jun 2006, 03:50 AM.

Comment

• Phillip
                          • May 2006

it is the company chewy, the website is so cumbersome.....i can see myself cleaning up everything.....new start...is it delicate to reinstall windows xp.

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

since you already reinstalled?
                            why not try that 1.2 disk?

Comment

• Phillip
                              • May 2006

ha chewy ur a star...i just opened my notebook cd I see an audio driver in it...might just work will let you know

Comment

Working...