X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phillip
    • May 2006

Tv Card For Laptop

Guys

I need some perspective and filling in with info.

I tried to find info on a net but as usual I get showered with advertising with little knowldge gained

Due to being busy and working most of the time, I find little fexibility in terms of watching Tv programmes that I like and that are equally important. So I wonder how a TV card works and I wonder if it can be a solution.

If I use a TV card on my laptop, would I be able to set recording time for programmes and watch them later? Having recorded programmes would I be able to load them on to an empty DVD and keep them? considering business meetings with a laptop and being busy, will the laptop be able to record the show without and antenna behind the scenes? having said this, would I be able to work with DSTV and connect my laptop if the programme I want to watch or record is on DSTV? Is there any alternative solution to this?

I need to know if a TV card is worth buying for a laptop, please fill me in.
  • Phillip
    • May 2006

Guys please I need to know this.....I tried to call one of the software shops around but they do not sound like they know what they are saying.....help the world cup is starting today this evening....i need to know quick

Comment

• Phillip
      • May 2006

got a bit of info here from the computer shop......i'll need an antenae to have my laptop record a programme....making me wonder if its worth it....again i dont know if the recorded file can be downloaded to a cd....expert advice is needed......would it be illegal to record a tv show and catch it later or even have it on cd? I should call my lawyer...ha ha

Comment

• Phillip
        • May 2006

so my question will be a whole conversation to myself until I sort myself out...nice....its just like writting a book

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

If I use a TV card on my laptop, would I be able to set recording time for programmes and watch them later?
          yes

Having recorded programmes would I be able to load them on to an empty DVD and keep them?
          yes

considering business meetings with a laptop and being busy, will the laptop be able to record the show without and antenna behind the scenes?
          yes

I need to know if a TV card is worth buying for a laptop, please fill me in.
          i can't decide that for you; if you're asking will it work, then yes it will. a USB tuner will do nicely, get one with BDA drivers (most models now have them)
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Phillip
            • May 2006

Finally!!!!!! thanks anony.....

Comment

• Phillip
              • May 2006

anany what are BDA drivers in simple english....I called the computer shop they know jack about what I am talking about

Comment

• Phillip
                • May 2006

They do have a USB turner but they are not able to answer my question on whether it is BDA Driver compliant or not.....I also think I mumbel coz I am not clued up about what is about a BDA driver.......so how would I know if their USB turner is Broadcast Driver Architecture compliant???? which model should it be for it to be compliant

Comment

• anonymez
                  Super Moderator
                  • Mar 2004

if a tuner has BDA drivers, it will be compatible with a range of software (as opposed to being limited to a single program)-- most tuners have them. check the manufacturer's website
                  "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Phillip
                    • May 2006

thanks

Comment

Working...