Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • syracusefan1
    • Jun 2006

Read-Only Video Help...

I have a short video clip of myself (link below) I want to watch, but for some reason when I try to watch it on Real Player and Media Player Classic, it doesn't work. It is a read-only file, which I think is the problem (not sure what read-only means), and am not sure what to do in order to watch it. Please someone help me?!

• syracusefan1
    • Jun 2006

And this is what happens when I try to play it on DivX...

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

if you had followed the advice given in this thread http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=67207 you will have downloaded ffdshow already. simply go start-->programs-->ffdshow-->video decoder configuration and make sure MJPEG is set to libavcodec
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• syracusefan1
        • Jun 2006

It still isn't working after doing that. Would you mind downloading it, and trying to play it? It's only 6 mb.
        Last edited by syracusefan1; 15 Jun 2006, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• benbryant
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Aug 2005

I downloaded the file and Media Player Classic played the file beautifully with the help of ffdshow

Regards

Comment

• anonymez
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2004

syracusefan1, as ben implied, ditch divx player & try media player classic

i can't dl the file, apparently i'm already downloading something from them (i'm on a vast network); no need though, ben has it

Comment

• syracusefan1
              • Jun 2006

Yeah, I tried Media Player Classic, as well. And it did not work...

Comment

• syracusefan1
                • Jun 2006

Originally Posted by benbryant
                I downloaded the file and Media Player Classic played the file beautifully with the help of ffdshow

Regards
                Do you have any other codecs that may have helped you play the file? Could you please explain everything you did in detail so I can figure this out (including how you opened the file in Media Classic)?

Comment

• benbryant
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Aug 2005

I have ffdshow and Koepi's XviD installed. Please let us know if you have any codec packs such as K-Lite in your PC. These codec packs are totally well known for offering more complicate problems than helping. If you do have them, please vaporize (uninstall) them all and hope to be able to fix the problem without doing a windows clean install

It's very easy to use Media Player Classic. You can open the file by go to File > Open File > click Browse at Open to go the location where you keep the file. I normally just start it up, drag and drop the file directly over it, and the player will automatically play the file for you

ffdshow's decoder will help Media Player Classic recognize MJPG files and open it. Please download ffdshow from the link that anonymez posted above with his instruction

Regards

Comment

• syracusefan1
                    • Jun 2006

Where do I go on my computer to check where K-Lite might be? Here are some photos of my ffdshow video encoder configuration so someone can tell me if I need to change something in order for this video to work...

Last edited by syracusefan1; 16 Jun 2006, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• syracusefan1
                      • Jun 2006

Comment

• benbryant
                        Digital Video Master
                        Digital Video Master
                        • Aug 2005

No, the one you posted was VFW codec configuration. You need to select "Video decoder configuration", look for MJPG. If it lists as "disable", just click on it and change to "libavcodec". Click OK when done

Regards

Comment

• syracusefan1
                          • Jun 2006

Oh damn, that's my fault. I didn't mean to copy those. Does that mean I should change the MJPEG in the video ENCODER back to disabled? Here they are...

Comment

• anonymez
                            Super Moderator
                            • Mar 2004

it plays fine on my pc; mpc has an internal avi splitter and pcm filter which work for this file, and i'm using the same ffdshow build, it's a problem on your end.

try disabling postprocessing, then click 'info & debug' and set merit to very high

i would suggest another decoder, but i just looked around and seems like ones that were previously freeware now are commercial lol
                            Last edited by anonymez; 16 Jun 2006, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• syracusefan1
                              • Jun 2006

What do you suggest I do for help? Should I get someone (professional) to look at my computer and help me out?

Comment

Working...