one of my PC's Click!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jct1999
    • Jul 2006

i had a western digital hd do the clicking thing the progressively got worse then failed completly so it could be a hd

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

ANOTHER thing i just noticed

this MIGHT be it. the front of the tower case has that molded plastic front. when i ever so slightly apply just a tincy amount of pressure on the side, it makes what i think is a replica of the sound! my tv does this too sometimes as it also sits on a hard smooth surface. big trucks often drive by the street outside and being in a 2-story house, the walls and floors get a slight shimmy every now and then when these bastards have a full load of gravel.

this could be it too

i think i'll try and put in some kinf of foam or styrofoam to eliminate this.

no hibernation, with my luck it's the HD though
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

we had some optical equipment, to isolate from vibration just set on stack of newspaper(inch or two)

Comment

• jm1647
          An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
          will this mean that when i come back after a while, things will load slowish initially?
          A little the HDD has to spin up to speed, shouldn't bother ya. When your using the HDD no difference, until ya don't use it for the time ya got it set for then it shuts off.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

just found this is....i'm going to have to listen to this a little closer. the room it's in isn't exactly quiet either.

ok it's changed (HD setting)

i'll sit on this and monitor it a little closer, ty for the ideas so far fellas.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by LT. Columbo; 7 Jul 2006, 12:46 PM.
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...