Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John2003
    • Jun 2006

windows xp pro 64 bit os

MS is giving trial version for 120 days, no charge but we all know Bill gives away nothing for free. I took the MS system test and found the required nivadia drivers so I'm set to go....but should I? This is not Vista or whatever the other 64 bit system is. Has anyone tried the xp 64 bit system? Hate to waste my new Athlon 64 processor on 32 bit forever. I'm going to format and do a clean install and if it doesn't work I'll format and go back to xp pro again. By the way Bill is giving sp2 disks away for postage. This got me past the ' genuine MS test' which I fail regularly. Bill won't let me download but sends it to me on a disk, go figure.
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

as long as all your hardware has 64bit drivers you'll be fine
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

after 120 days what's the cost?

Comment

• John2003
        • Jun 2006

Cost? Mabey I'll find out when I get the disk, if I get it. Since my last post a wild fire is burning around the small town I live in is S Cal. The town is mostly evacuated as will I when the sheriff learns I am still here. If the fire comes this way the last thing I'm going to think about is Micro Soft. Bill can you hear me? You are not number one on my list even though that is the number of fingers I am holding up.

Comment

Working...